BASS BARN banner

Fishing the DOD for Stripers

628 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  heavy389 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any news on when they will be opening the DOD? Much appreciated hate to make the 1/2 hour drive to find it closed. Heard you can acces the river through the old army base just hate for them to lock the gate with me and my truck on the wrong side.

#2 ·
If you go there and it's closed you can go a little further south on 130 and find access to the river in Pennsgrove or back north to the Flood Gate rd By the Bridgeport speed way. Both ares's produce and are east access points! The DOD area is tuugh for parking and turning around,I don't know what the planners were thinking when they closed off the old road that allowed driveing along the river bank.

#3 ·
Thanks Captain Mike appreciate the info. I agree the parking situation at the DOD can get real bad.When it's that crowded I usually go to one of a couple other spots all north of the DOD. If anyone has any info as to when the DOD will re-open it would be much appreciated. Has anyone been to the old Ferry spot near the Commodore Barry Bridge recently or are the port authority police still asking folks to leave? Has been a couple of years since I was asked to leave it's ashame because it used to produce for me.

#4 ·
Be forewarned; I was asked to leave Floodgates last spring by a bridge patrol car who was threatening to call local police and blanket everyone with litter citations. It is most certainly private property and the owners (marina) are tired of all the garbage in that little cul-de-sac area. I have to admit it was a pigsty and I was embarrassed to be a fisherman and see bait cups, tackle wrappers and beer cans and bottles everywhere.

I'm perplexed. Even a dog knows not to crap where he eats.

I guess common sense is not so common anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.