BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow a couple friends of mine who aren't too big into fishing (one's never fished before) are coming down to fish. I was thinking about giving Bauer's pond a try, but will it be worth it with the cold water? I want to make sure these people catch some fish. Plan B is perch fishing...not exactly sure where to try for them either. So should I give Bauer's a shot?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Do I hear the Cape May rips? :D

I recently spoke with Joe Bauer, and he said the fishing has been up and down, with the water temperature right on the cusp of the fishing being great or slower.

[ 03-16-2004, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: TheAdamBomb ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Not Looking To Good Anywhere Tomorrow....

Possible Minor Tidal Flooding During The
Morning Tides,Cold High 42,Winds Not Too Bad
NNW 5-10mph for CapeMay County on Wed...

Del.Bay.NW Winds-10-15kts Seas 2ft...

Water Temps Running in the Low 40's in
both the Bays and Ocean....
----------------------------------------------\

If Adam's Heading Out,that would be a good
choice based on the action in the Rips the
other day.If Not, I would Give Bauer's Pond
A Try...

Good Look, Let Us Know How You Make Out..

Thx,

[ 03-16-2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think Bauer's would be the way to go. Even with the colder water there have been many reports of trout being caught. A lot of guys from the barn have taken kids there the past couple weeks and said they all had a blast catching trout, crappie, and bluegill. Now isn't the best time for bass, but if your friend hasn't been fishing before, anything should do, right? Maybe some of the guys who have gone recently can give you some better input. Also, try doing a search under Bauer's...

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
If you want these guys to catch fish,you might wanna take them perching....Try the egg harbor river with bloodworms or grass shrimp!!!

Bauer's is a good choice also!!!At bauer's,you might even be able to get out of the w!#$d,somewhat!!!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I was at Bauer's Sunday. I'd go there. Get mealy worms and small hooks. Light line (2-4lb)is a must. I've noticed that you get constant action with light line, and a 3 foot drop from a tiny bobber to a tiny hook. We got about 10 trout in a couple hours, with 3X as many misses.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perching sounds good, what general area of the river are they being caught? Near Mays Landing or by the bay? As much fishing as I've done in that river I've never targeted perch. Maybe I'll try some perching first thing and if nothing happens just pick up and head to Bauer's.

G

·
Fin S Jay,
Buaers is the place to go right now, probably the most consistent thing goin'. i took the wife last tuesday and we did well 2 hours we got 9 trout and 1 largenouth. meal worms and/or throwing small roostertails also worked. we are actually thinking of going again tomorrow(wenesday) since we are both off. good luck with whatever you decide.
Nick/Surfrat

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Fins...If your going in a boat..Head towards the bay and fish the mouth of creeks that feed into the main river...Can't go wrong!!! If not in a boat,you can fish the tuckahoe boat ramp!!!Seen some nice perch caught off the banks this weekend there!!!

[ 03-16-2004, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: fshlot ]

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Where ever you take the newbies, make sure they dress warm and stay dry. Electric socks my be in order. You don't want to loose the newbies over such things. Keep them occupied. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Bauers all the way. Your surrounded by trees as a windbrek and the fish have been snappin at the other end of the lake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts