BASS BARN banner

What will you do to stop the madness?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With recent disclosures about Obama's agenda to ignore fishermen...
"Obama administration will accept no more public input for federal fishery strategy"

I'd like to conduct a public poll on what action everyone intends to take.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I went to DC on 2/24, joined the RFA, and also sent an e-mail to Pa. Senator Bob Casey. I know Pa. isn't a marine coastal state, but all Senators and Reps should be contacted, not only for support, but if they get away with shutting down a marine fishery, they'll try it in freshwater, also. Everybody can do one of the choices 3 thru 6.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Another very important option is to learn exactly what is going on and why, so that you can have an understanding of how to intelligently donate $$$ and vote.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I had been kinda lax on this issue, have always maintained membership with the NRA and also the GOA as far as the gun rights issue goes, but never really thought about my rights to fish.
Since I couldn't do the D.C. Rally thing last month, I did go online and join the RFA, and have contacted my state representatives via e-mail concerning recent events.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Have been a member of the RFA, donate funds when I can and attended the march on DC.
Also have written letters to Congress and Senators with with no response.
I will continue educate myself on the issues at hand and fight bastards to the end.

they may have to pry my fishing pole out of my dead hand.

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
I went to DC on 2/24, joined the RFA, and also sent an e-mail to Pa. Senator Bob Casey. I know Pa. isn't a marine coastal state, but all Senators and Reps should be contacted, not only for support, but if they get away with shutting down a marine fishery, they'll try it in freshwater, also. Everybody can do one of the choices 3 thru 6.
I also sent a letter asking Casey if he supported flexibility in MSA. His reply was non-commital.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I also sent a letter asking Casey if he supported flexibility in MSA. His reply was non-commital.:thumbsdown:
Phil, my response was the same - a rehash of S1255, and "he will look into it with consideration for his constituents concerns". While it was an acknowledgement, that's all it wound up being. That said, 1+ 1 = 2, now we can encourage more PA Barners to contact him - got keep the pedal to the metal!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Raise pirate flag and self rule wasn't in the poll?:naughty:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Is there really anyone out there who believes Obama has an agenda to ignore fishermen? That would be like having an agenda to ignore baseball fans. How could it possibly do him any good? Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Is there really anyone out there who believes Obama has an agenda to ignore fishermen? That would be like having an agenda to ignore baseball fans. How could it possibly do him any good? Come on, this is getting ridiculous.
IF Obama could get away with outlawing the "immoral, barbaric" act of fishing in all forms and get away with it, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
IF Obama could get away with outlawing the "immoral, barbaric" act of fishing in all forms and get away with it, he'd do it in a heartbeat.
I belkieve he would outlaw hunting and fishing in a heartbeat. That was the main argument here prior to him getting elected. That being said with 100 million fishermen in the US it would be political suicide. Even if the extreme far left wing neighborhood organizer tried it, he wouldnt get the support needed from the congresional dems in rural America.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I belkieve he would outlaw hunting and fishing in a heartbeat. That was the main argument here prior to him getting elected. That being said with 100 million fishermen in the US it would be political suicide. Even if the extreme far left wing neighborhood organizer tried it, he wouldnt get the support needed from the congresional dems in rural America.
And who would have thought that he'd get elected?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
George

Actully I don't like your poll we can do several of the things listed. I have written several letters and E-mail myself. I usually get the same responds thank you for your concern.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.