BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Mazda MPV van that I am looking to sell for the best offer I can get over $500.

Here are some basic details about the vehicle:
1.) van starts & runs good
2.) van did not pass NJ inspection due to broken side marker light & excessive NOx emissions
- there is slight damage to driver's side where I hit a deer this past fall, but no structural damage. (side marker light is broken, driver's side quarter panel is dented , and driver's side door is dented)
3.) 3.0L V-6 engine with 188,000 miles
4.) 4 wheel drive w/ locking rear differential
5.) 3 rows of seating
6.) hitch
7.) power windows & locks
8.) tan color
9.) tires are fair
10.) automatic load leveling system

Needs the following minor repairs:
1.) emmissions work to get to pass NJ inspection
2.) power window motor on passenger side is sluggish
3.) water pump or alternator may need replaced soon - there was a squealing noise when I first started it up after it had sat for about a month and a half. (The squealing noise stopped right away, but it may indicate the need for replacement in the near future.)
4.) shocks could use replacement

This was my personal vehicle that I used as daily driver to commute to work, however, I recently purchased a new truck, so I am looking to unload the van. The van does not leak or burn any oil, and I have no reason to believe that it won't run strong for a few more years with routine oil & filter changes.

I will try to put pictures up if anyone requests them.

- thanks,
JC (Gr8ful One)

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Folks:

I received quite a few requests for pictures of my 1995 Mazda MPV van.

For those of you that did not receive the pictures directly from me via e-mail ... here they are! (I hope!)

- JC (Gr8ful Fish / Gr8ful One)

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rell-um-up:

I am asking for the best price over $500.

You are welcome to come check it out and take it for a test drive if you are interested. I live in Howell, NJ and it is parked in my driveway.

500 bucks is a great deal for a running 4 wheel drive vehicle. I just don't want or need the van anymore.

- Gr8ful One / Gr8ful Fish

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bagman:

Yep!

165 lbs. doe right into the quarter panel. I watched her face slide across my driver's side window from about 4" away.

Unfortunately, she was alive with a broken back after I hit her. She kept trying to get back up, but her back legs just wouldn't go. I had to use a tire iron to put her down.

Not a big deal in front of a bunch of guys at the hunting camp, but I had my 14 year old nephew with me after taking him pheasant hunting for the day. It wasn't something I really wanted him to see.

Oh well, it got me a new truck out of the deal, and it will get someone a good van as well.

- JC

[ 04-07-2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Gr8ful One ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
JC - what is the tow capacity?

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rhinoscores:

I am not sure of the towing capacity weight rating.

I towed a 1995 16' Boston Whaler center console & a 1974 16' Starcraft bowrider. My boats probably weighed about 1,500 - 1,700 lbs. loaded.

I will check the owner's manual to find out if it lists the towing weight max capacity.

Let me know if you need anything else.

- JC

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rhinoscores:

I looked last night in the owner's manual, but I could not find a max twoing capacity for the vehicle.

... anyone have any ideas where they give that information?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
For $7,000.00, I'll attach it to a 1995 Load Rite single axle trailer with my 1995 Boston
Whaler Rage Jet Boat on top.

- JC

[ 04-17-2005, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Gr8ful Fish ]

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last time to the top for my van.

500 bucks for real 4 wheel drive, 3 rows of seating, and a 3.0L V-6.

Van is very reliable ... it just needs exhaust work and a marker light to pass inspection.

- Gr8ful One / Gr8ful Fish

1 - 13 of 13 Posts