BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Thursday behind Sea Isle with my cousin, wife and two daughters. It was my girls first trip as they are 4 and 2. We began to drift a channel and my daughters insisted on fishing with their rods. They have a Barbie kiddie rod and Tigger kiddie rod we got at K-Mart for about 8 bucks a piece. Wouldn't you know it my four year old Rachel pulls up a 2.75 fluke on the first drift (on the Barbie). On the second my two year old caught two throw backs on her Tigger rod.
We weren't out for too long as the girls got tired. When the girls stopped fishing my cousin and I (who were picking a few) began using the K-Mart rods in addition to our own - the kiddie rods far outfished our expensive outfits.
It was a great day on the water and a real treat to introduce my girls to fishing. We finished with 4 keepers and tons of throw backs. I can't wait to get out with them again - only next time I'll use the Barbie rod and she can use my Penn set up - Ha Ha!
Hopefully I will figure out how to post a picture of Rachel and her nice fluke.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hey you have to do whatever works if those kids rods work use it :D .

[ 06-19-2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: CLAMCHUNKER ]

·
Registered
723 Posts
dbl post

[ 06-19-2004, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: CLAMCHUNKER ]

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats just to cute like to see the pics. should have some of my own takeing my grandson to lake ontario next friday. for a week of camping and fishing for his 8th birthday. should be fun his first time up there ;) frank

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

Very Cool,Whatever It Takes To Get Kids Into
Fishing......

[ 06-24-2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Congrats Rachel,Very Nice Fluke....
And Thanks JusAnglin for a Great Picture....

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Damn, I need a Barbie Rod! Cool pics!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Ya know Mark...I had my doubts about those "Kiddie" rods until I took a clam chunking trip for bass in the back bay with Fred Uhlman aka, "Chunking" a couple of Springs ago.

Half way through our trip Fred broke out his Sponge Bob Square Pants Rod, which came fully equiped with a neat little gizmo that played the Spong Bob Square Pants theme while we fished

On that particular day the SB rod went withouth a touch but from what Fred tells me he landed a nice bass on it a few weeks later

I have ta admit, I was kinda disapointed :( I was really looking forward to whatching the expression on a grown mans face while being smoked by a bass on a Spong bob Rod...LOL! :eek:

Pssst...Rachel, Rebecca, and Debbie...When X-mas rolls around and Daddy asks for a Cape Fear rod & Van Staal reel, get'em a Scooby Doo Rod instead ;)

Good going Girls! Oh Yeh...and you too Daddy ;)

[ 06-26-2004, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Awesome job girls. I love it when my little one hooks up on her snoppy pole.She has a blast catching flounder & blues on it.
Nice job dad getting them into fishing they will be hooked for life with those results, way to put them on the meat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.