BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pressure was on a little bit today as I hosted Darrin (New Jersey Angler) and his buddy Joe (Field and Stream) on the Susquehanna Flats. Mission was to catch fish on lures, not stinky herring. Weather man was WAY off as you'll see in the pics.
Started out slow as we fished clean warm water without a touch for a couple hours. Moved around and kept looking and kept jigging. Both these guys are super anglers and very persistant. Midway thru the afternoon we hit the jackpot. Darrin was first to hook up using his RonZ lure (soft plastic).
His second fish put a mean bend in the rod and a sweet ziiiinnnngg in his reel and we were off to the races hooked up with a big momma. Pressure off:

Truly a beautiful sight to behold. Handshakes all around and back to fishing.
I got my licks in as well:

We worked an intermittent bite in 6 - 7 feet of water for a couple hours before it shut down. High water temp 55 degrees today. Flat calm, sunshine, big fish. Overall a real nice time with a couple real nice guys. All fish caught on lures; soft plastics and a #17 Tony Acetta Spoon. Thanks a bunch Darrin and Joe.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thats awesome Capt Ed and Darrin, thats a great fish on artificials & light tackle. Thanks for the report, gotta go get the totes with the artificials for tomorrow:) I'm sure you guys worked hard for those fiish but the pictures say it all.

Congrats again, water clarity and temps look good;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice job, Capt. Ed and crew, attended the Striper night, everyone was very informative, if I ever head to the Susky Flats, you are the guy, I will call.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
way to go capt. ed
i'll be down MD next week to wax my boat and get ready for the MSSA tourny. Might try to get some turkey hunting in

Actualy have a question for you
Reading the regs its not to clear, can you fiush the main bay for rock right now?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ed,
Thanks again for the formal introduction to the flats. funny thing was that I told Ed early on that I would be the first to catch 'em on soft plastic on his boat this year, and sure enough!!
we ended up with 9 fish, 8 on soft plastics, and 1 on that Spoon that I use for tuna and ed uses for bass! :D .

I also field tested those RonZ's for myself. I had heard good things, and I like the way they looked, but after 5 bass on the flats including a good 30 + fish, I am sold, and they have earned a place in the Northcoast's tackle locker for sure!!!!

Those flats are truly a special place, thanks Ed

Gents the bite is only getting hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJANGLERDARREN

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Thanks for posting in the fly fishing forum Ed, 55 degrees. I feel better now. Although I did get two shorts on fly Thursday, it's nice to hear they're finaly hitting artificials with gusto. See ya there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts