BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out with a few guys from work this Monday. Should be a decent day with hopes of just not getting skunked.. Will be trying out alot fo new rods then. Will post when I get back.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Monday

Hey Sean, I'll be heading down Monday as well. Reports are, they are finaly getting some fish on artificials. Water temps should be low fifties. Running your dads boat? Where you putting in? What time you getting to the ramp? Last I checked, 10-15 knts, seas 1-2 feet. We know how that goes though. Get back to me.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Monday

Just checked NOAA.
MON
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT EARLY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

I'm still going, I just don't trust those guys anymore. Been burnt too many times.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Tides

Forgot this.
2008-04-14 Mon 02:11 AM EDT 0.71 feet Low Tide
2008-04-14 Mon 03:40 AM EDT Moonset
2008-04-14 Mon 06:27 AM EDT Sunrise
2008-04-14 Mon 06:28 AM EDT 2.26 feet High Tide
2008-04-14 Mon 01:54 PM EDT 0.45 feet Low Tide
2008-04-14 Mon 02:08 PM EDT Moonrise
2008-04-14 Mon 07:18 PM EDT 2.62 feet High Tide
2008-04-14 Mon 07:41 PM EDT Sunset

Looks like we'll be fish the outgoing. See ya there.:D

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flyguy784 said:
Hey Sean, I'll be heading down Monday as well. Reports are, they are finaly getting some fish on artificials. Water temps should be low fifties. Running your dads boat? Where you putting in? What time you getting to the ramp? Last I checked, 10-15 knts, seas 1-2 feet. We know how that goes though. Get back to me.
Nah were heading down with a friend of the stores. He does charters and such and he's taking us out.. I'm not sure the boat he has but i'll make sure i look for you you there.. cell-484.883.3282 Let me know how your doing tommorow. I have to run to work rite now or I'd talk more.. :rolleyes: :D

Good luck tommorow

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flyguy784 said:
Have your number, I'll call you on the water tomorrow if we get into fish.
What time frame will you be down, i'm assuming morning. We'll be down there from mid morning till the afternoon weather permitting so it should be a good day.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Monday

I'm heading down at 5:30, wanna catch sunrise. Gonna be a little dicey early but I have a spot I want to fish at that tide, especially at low light. I'll be putting in at Havre De Grace. Should be a little foggy then to, niiiiice!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats where this guy has his boat. Harve de grace.
will be having 3 helios rods 8-9-10wts should have fun with them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was out on Saturday and had a great day at Sandy Point. Probably 25-30 fish up to 28" on bass assassins (of course I forgot the fly rod at the dock). Also caught 2 larger ones on bait- 28lb and a 18lb.

·
Registered
319 Posts
here are the two big girls

two pics- both were on cut herring but the fish are there. we tried again on sunday and got skunked- windy, rough, and cold

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ended up with two small fish on hakf and halfs and the toher on John Yanks Assassin from the swap. Did hear of a 26lber caught around dawn near us but nothing to show for us.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Bad day yesterday, fished from sun up to almost sun down. You all know the spots by now. Sandy Point was locked out again (shooting). Despite the terrible cold and winds, we went everywhere. Some locations we hit two and three times depending on tide. Not one stinking fish, not even a tap. Made no sense, water temps were good, (52-56). Clarity could have been better, a little muddy. I frankly never saw a fish caught, even on bait. As I said, we hit every typical location, and marked very few fish. Very few. I can understand not catching because of this condition or that but I don't understand the small number of fish marked. Could it still be too early, are the stocks that depleated, did the main body of fish already move up river, you tell me. It aint natural I tell ya, it aint natural.
Saw very few boats out there, NOAA must have scared most away. Although it was windy and cold all day, it wasn't that bad.Only had a half dozen up at Lapidium. Maybe 10 out on the flats, including the east side.
Glad to hear Sean got at least a couple shorts, we ran into him late in the day.
That was my fourth trip down there with only a couple shorts to show for it. Long and hard trips, fished diligently. I love a challenge, but this is getting ridiculous, and costly. It's nice to have this fishery so close to home but I'm anxious to hear that the rips are lighting up, much rather fish stripes in the brine anyway. As foulhook says, the flats are a nice bonus but obviously, don't count on them. At least this year so far.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Flyguy784 said:
Bad day yesterday, fished from sun up to almost sun down. You all know the spots by now. Sandy Point was locked out again (shooting). Despite the terrible cold and winds, we went everywhere. Some locations we hit two and three times depending on tide. Not one stinking fish, not even a tap. Made no sense, water temps were good, (52-56). Clarity could have been better, a little muddy. I frankly never saw a fish caught, even on bait. As I said, we hit every typical location, and marked very few fish. Very few. I can understand not catching because of this condition or that but I don't understand the small number of fish marked. Could it still be too early, are the stocks that depleated, did the main body of fish already move up river, you tell me. It aint natural I tell ya, it aint natural.
Saw very few boats out there, NOAA must have scared most away. Although it was windy and cold all day, it wasn't that bad.Only had a half dozen up at Lapidium. Maybe 10 out on the flats, including the east side.
Glad to hear Sean got at least a couple shorts, we ran into him late in the day.
That was my fourth trip down there with only a couple shorts to show for it. Long and hard trips, fished diligently. I love a challenge, but this is getting ridiculous, and costly. It's nice to have this fishery so close to home but I'm anxious to hear that the rips are lighting up, much rather fish stripes in the brine anyway. As foulhook says, the flats are a nice bonus but obviously, don't count on them. At least this year so far.

I feel like i know the area pretty well now. We went down to sandy point around 6 when they left. Fished there had one short and then moved back up and caught another. It was nice to atleast get out on the water and fish abit. but yea thats where we got our fish is along the south end of sandy point.

John, well have to plan a trip out there some day. Either with the two boats or together, I think my dad would really to be fishing that area a few times this spring and would love to know some spots and such on where to go, where not to go etc.

Sean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts