BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hosted Rob Mark and his buddy from the Philly area today. We managed a few up the river on herring. Gave it the old college try on artificials but still not happening. Water temps up to 52 on average, clarity still off but visibility is almost two feet in spots...should be able to hookup on lures....any day now.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Nice fish Capt Ed.... thanks for the report:)

Friend was down today and threw artificials all afternoon with nothing happening. Hope it kicks off soon...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
capt ed, way to give it the old college try anyway with the artificials.. we can only hope it will start up soon, rain forecasted and a good blow this weekend.. :( but we'll see.. we've been frequenting the river for the past 3 nights after work and it seems we get there at 5 and it all happens at once and shuts down by 7pm. when we use to fish the sassafrass in the summer we wouldnt leave until dark.. are any of these fish feeding at night? we cant seem to have any luck after 7 though.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
typically there's a good bite right up to sunset. Never did much once the sun got below the horizon.
Me and Darrin Dorris are heading out in a bit to jig ourselves silly. Hope to report some lure caught fish tonite.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Good luck today Capt Ed, hope you get em good jigging. Gotta turn on any day now.:)

Funny thing you mention about it shutting down at sunset. A few yrs ago we were having some good action on topwater for 1-2 hrs b4 dark, then soon as it got dark the fish stopped hitting the poppers. It was really odd, I would have thought they would keep wacking the plugs. Only theory I can come up with on that one that Ive heard anyway is the reason they shut down was the stripers needed to adjust from daylight/darkness for their vision?

Look forward to your report tonight.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Saw you up at Lapidium Capt Ed, on Thursday, you were anchoring up and setting lines. I did manage two shorts that day on the fly. Yea I said on the fly, Yanks Assassin as a matter of fact. Clarity sucked, with so many guys soakin meat I hardly stood a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts