BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havnt seen anyone fishing at flood gate yet. has anybody been up there yet and if so how was the luck. heading out this weekend. i'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I have stoped in a couple of times to see if anybody was doing anything. A few have been trying but I haven't seen or heard anybody doing anything.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
821 Posts
yo Fizz, You know my Uncle (Bummy) Feldman?? He Still lives there! I'll be down checking it out!

[ 03-19-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: NJ_H2OFWLR ]

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Why dont you go check it out, not a far ride from Mantua, instead of posting a spot publicly for thousands of people to see... :rolleyes: See the big picture here fellas...PLEASE!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by KeysKid:
Why dont you go check it out, not a far ride from Mantua, instead of posting a spot publicly for thousands of people to see... :rolleyes: See the big picture here fellas...PLEASE!
Amen Brotha!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Fod the water temps went down again there was some action just north of there last week on the outgoing tide,I was just wondering how can a Spot that has been featured in numerous Fishing reports ,articles etc. not be a spot that should be posted to the public,What a joke That place has been producing Bass for a long time and I bet out of the thousands of people that read this thread only a couple hundred even know about it oh wait thats right I bet maybe more than a thousand people know about it,No Secret If ya want honey holes Buy a boat.If you fish from shore its a tough game.If any one needs directions to DoD,Floodgates or anywhere else to fish please e-mail me I will give you detailed info on these spots,Good Luck HRL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Bunka Chunka.....You'll never get it.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by NJ_H2OFWLR:
Dudes, Go to the NJ DNR website, they have Pics! How Secret is That! DUH!
Thers pics all over the web and books all over the place about every fishing spot! DUH! Thats not the Freaking point Duh! Burn your own spots all you like DUH! Some people dont like where they fish posted on the net! DUH!...Especially when there is fish there and its already crowded! DUH! Theres your second locked thread on the spot burning/posting bullcrap issue! DUH DUH DUH!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey everybody I thought this was a site for real fishermen to help and talk to other real fishermen. I have been fishing for 20 years at Floodgate, you have good days and bad days. I just wanted to know what the "stats" were. If I was out there doing good, I would let yous know that they were biting.
A honey hole is a place that you keep between loved ones and good friends, Floodgate is NOT a honey hole by all means.
And Bunka Chunka, thank you for seeing what I was trying to say. YOU ARE A TRUE SPORTSMAN.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
fodstyk, Its no big deal...you are still new and missed all the big debates about this subject. We kind of have an unwritten policy that specific locations do not get posted online. MOST people understand why...some dont and never will. The Floodgates arnt a secret by anymeans...but why draw attention to it? Others do fish it beside you and would rather it not be announced that the fish are biting there.....especially on a board viewed 4000-5000 times a day. Its basically a courtesy to others who had to find out about it by going there and actually fishing. With the internet many people are handed everything on a silver platter...they dont have to do any leg work to learn and be successful. Why announce a good bite somewhere and draw attention to it? You may not realize it but it is inconsiderate to others that fish there and being thoughtful of fellow sportsman is what a TRUE SPORTSMAN should consider first hand. Sure its in the paper and in the Mags but when people read a report on the net its like a magnet for that spot...I have seen it many times. Trust me...I dont fish the DOD or the Floodgates but think about the people that do. Call a freind or ask for someone to shoot you an email. You will get much better information that way.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Hip please, this is not a specific spot we are talking about here. I am sure that there are plenty of little honey holes once you get to the DOD. No one is sharing that information, it is very generalized information here, just like say Graveling Point. Should would ban all post regarding that or the 60' foot slough??? Calm down bro, learn to pick your fights :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hip, Put down the Dandilions and step away from the keyboard. I was just trying to make a point that these places have been fished for many generations and the fish come back every year. It's no secret. I frequent many areas and sometimes won't waste a worm till the bite gets Hot in that location. Scouting IS 90% of the game. I have not and will not give exact spots. Done that on my site and got Burned! I know where you're coming from. :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by RodFather:
Hip please, this is not a specific spot we are talking about here. I am sure that there are plenty of little honey holes once you get to the DOD. No one is sharing that information, it is very generalized information here, just like say Graveling Point. Should would ban all post regarding that or the 60' foot slough??? Calm down bro, learn to pick your fights :D
"bill cameron and i gave the river another try yesterday and fished from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. we got 2 big catfish for our efforts. one cat was9lbs the other was 7lbs. the water temp was 44degrees. oh yea the w~~~ was howling"

Thats a general location....DOD isnt the huge beach you may think it is and Graveling Point is even smaller.

[ 03-21-2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: hipkvw ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.