5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Ramblin 
#1 ·
Pretty good morning fishing backwaters of Naples Fl
3 small snook 20-24
17 spreckled trout 15-19"
1 Gag Grouper
12 jack crevalles
and 1 loney Bluefish

Small fish but still fun on Ultra light tackle and sure beats the colder northest weather
80 and suny today

#2 ·
Thanks for the Sunny FLA Fishing Report
Bucktail Willie...Keep Them Coming..........

Wish I Was There........

We are heading below freezing tonight along
the SouthJersey Coast and it doens't look like
we will be above that until sometime this coming
weekend...

Hate Jan.& Feb at the Shore...........

#5 ·
Keep at it Willie! I'm over in Stuart, just got here, the Pompano and Trout are hot over this side. I'll wet a line as soon as I get the new Ramblin Rose rigged...

#7 ·
Biggestjack--I'm here through Feb
I was fishing the water between Naples and Marco in Rookery Bay area

#9 ·
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
BW---WHAT I WAS SUPPRISED TO SEE DOWN THERE LAST TIME I WAS THERE WAS THE TREMONDOUS AMOUNT OF 12 TO 14" BABY TARPON,IS THIS A BREEDING AREA?
They usually dont leave the backwater until they are around 20 pounds...give or take.

#11 ·
Jacks were only 16-18"

pink 1/4 oz bucktail was doing the trick

#13 ·
Whoooa Bubble.... Nothin like bein thrown in front of the bus by a pal. Just got the boat all rigged, everything is ready now to get out there. Took advantage of the bitter cold 50-60 degree days to finish it up. I'll be practicing for when you arrive, don't bring any bananas (except maybe Coop) this time. Yeah, I know you already hooked up a back-up boat...

#14 ·
nO FIGHTING GUYS, There are plenty of fish down here to be caught but we need to get past this damn cold front.
water temp is dropping in this area 64 this morning, I will wait until Wednesday to try the back waters again,give water a chance to cleqr up after the wind past couple of days and expected for one more day

#15 ·
I envy you Willie. We had 6 degrees out this morning.
Ramblin- I hear my friend gabtrid aka B.S. is going to be visiting you in Stuart. He took me out on his buddies Regulator in SIC this fall. Sweeeeeeeet Ride there! You have some nice boats as well. Good luck with your new boat down there. ;)

#16 ·
Happy New Year Bucktail Willie
I just got into this site it`s Okay .
alot of good info .It was great to reconize a name . Sounds like you have everything under controll down there .Fishing sounds good . I have a good freind that owns a restrunt in Marco ,call Verdis he is an avit fisherman . Got ask to judge county torney this year .Steven and Sunny See ya for the spring tide runners. Did any of my bucktails make it to Fla ? LOL

#17 ·
Sunny--good to hear from you and glad to see you on the Barn.

Happy New Year to you

None of your bucktails made it down here,however I did use them this Spring on weaks and fluke BUT I like my design a little better. I use a little more hair and bunch it up so it looks like it is breathing in the water when jigged slowly.
Been using my bucktails down here and outfished my guide on first trip,now he wants me to make him 200 when I get back to Jersey in March
I'm going to try it again on Wenesday now that weather is settling down and cold front has passed

#19 ·
Just some good natured teasing among friends. Mike is as good a fisherman as anybody I know but you know how it is, some days the fish win. And I caught a wek of those days last March. But in Mike's defense, we caught just as little as everyone else that week. Just a bad week. A cagey veteran like yourself knows the line about 2 kinds of fisherman; the kind that gets skunked somtimes and the liars! This year I may have to make a couple of trips to make sure I find them biting. And I'll bring my good luck Coop for extra security.

#20 ·
Hell, I knew you were only kidding,couple guys from Strathmere would never be fighting
tight lines !!!

#21 ·
Bucktail.... You known Plug'n, he's in Ft Meyers too... You know Bubble is a really good fisherman,
but you'd think with all the time he spends on the water he'd catch more! :eek: ...LOLOL I'm going to try for Pomps tomorrow afternoon. They say after this cold snap they should turn on.

[ 01-12-2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Ramblin ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.