BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignored the weatherman today and didn't leave till noon. Got three nice snook, redfish, bonnethead shark, specks, snapper and I forget what else....

The boat dropped a cylinder and we had to limp home. I guess I'll be fixing that tomorrow :mad:. First time that Yammi ever gave me a problem.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice Report

Nice Report..gorgeous fish. I'm in Sarasota, and every time I said "that's it I'm going," it would start to sprinkle. I don't mind getting wet, but Tuesday we had torrential downpours.. and figured if I went it would repeat. So I didn't go. Of course it didn't rain.

Good luck with the motor

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
So may species to catch...so many choices. The Pompano bite 1/2 block from my house on the beach is going off ,right now. Im packing the long rods into the truck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
So may species to catch...so many choices
Agreed, the fishing choices are amazing here. In East Central the big reds are schooled up now. Many fish in the 25 to 40 lb range. They must be released at this size but the fights are worth it. Some fights as long as 30 minutes on 15 lb line. Long, drag pulling runs in three feet of water.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
My wife and I are going down to Sebastian to visit friends in two weeks, I will be getting a round of fishing in with them!

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
NICE SNOOK!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Nice fish!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nice fish man, I've always fished the river with a couple trips out front mainly to the mackeral hole. I'm gonna try the beach more this year hutchinson island jenson beach. I hear pompano on clam and I got alot of metal to try. Do ya think Little diamond jigs/sand eal jigs will work for anything that wants to bite. I will try the bucktail and grub combos as well. Thanks for any info guys and not intended to steal your thread just thought you would be the best to ask :bow:

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Sweet looking snook!

Did not get out on the East Coast today but took a trip on Sat with my sister in her little Key Largo skiff out of Longboat Key near Bradenton.

First stop was nothing but pinfish.. kept for bait. Next stop nothing, next stop a nice hole off of a small island put 2 nice sheepies, and a black drum in the box.

Tide reached flood and we went to drift a really big grass flat and channel... took a beautiful 22" trout casting a DOA shrimp.

Figured we would make one more stop so we anchored up right near the ramp in a channel off a flat just as the water started to drop. Looked under the boat in about 8' of water and the bottom was just covered in redfish. For two hours we bailed them... and I mean on every shrimp we casted behind the boat... must have hooked 40 between the two of us!

Couple of them had nice shoulders on them but most in the 16-20" range... I can't even describe how much fun it was. We were laughing like we were a couple of teenages again catchin blufish off the dock... kept 2 in the slot for dinner. Just a great time ...

Back in Boca until Sat.... then it is the long drive home....

Jakeedge... you up the river near Ft Pierce with that handsome redfish?

·
Registered
747 Posts
FMT...a little further north. That was a Mosquito Lagoon fish from just north of NASA in Brevard County. Canaveral area.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Built in USA, yes diamond jigs work well on the reefs. You could limit out on giant sea bass in a short time if you were allowed to keep them. The federal idiots closed sea bass yet they are a PIA there are so many we cant get our baits to the more desirable species.Luckily the state of Florida disagreed and allows you to keep them in state waters. The 30 foot reef line is holding alot of big ones now. Larger diamond jigs work well on the Amberjacks. If you have never caught one you are in for the battle of your life.
Jackedge, With this wind all last week and this weak Ive been thinking about bringing my Hobie kayaks up there. Im in Fort Pierce. I know nothing about the mosquito Lagoon except its reputation. Can I get out of this NE wind? Where should I launch? Email me if you need to keep launch site secret.
cell 609-13-1680

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks Barrel, I'm lookin forward to throwing some stuff in the surf. Theres a nice lagoon 50 yards south of our canal on the indian river that holds a little bit of everything. Leaving sunday hope the weather gets a little bit better next week and stays nice over the next 6 weeks or so.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Man I miss Florida!!!

Beautiful snook!!! My parents bought a place on Anna Maria Island a couple years ago and I get down there about two weeks a year. My first time down there, my bro was reeling in a little pinfish and a monster snook came up and chomped him down! Awesome fight and we were hooked on FLA fishing for life!!!! Can't wait to get down there again, keep the pics coming!!!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
hey John where do u stay in FL? I moved down here to west palm and im lookin to try some saltwater down here!

Dave
I am an hour north of you In the Fort Pierce area on N Hutchinson island. If you still have the Hobie Round Island park just a couple miles from me is good kayak fishing. Call if your in the area. You wont miss NJ at all. You will need heavier and stronger tackle down here then used for stripers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts