BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back late Monday night from a five day trip down to the warm south. Spent the last two days catching up on work, but it was well worth it. On Thursday I went to the Miami boat show and then drove down to Islamorada on Thursday evening. Friday we fished in the back country with Capt Mark Bellefleur. Had a great day with three sharks over 150lbs (2 bulls and 1 lemon). Plus a number of smaller black tips. Mixed in throughout the day we had a steady pic of seatrout, pompano, and some monster blues. Late in the afternoon we missed a decent size tarpon. Saturday we fished out front with Capt Skip Bradeen. Bottom fished most of the day and caught a number of vermillion snappers and amberjacks. Also picked up a couple of nice blackfin tuna. Sunday went back up to Miami for the in water portion of the boat show. Monday fished out front again out of Miami with Capt Jimbo Thomas and went 2 for 4 on Sails. All in all it was a great trip and a nice way to warm up the winter. Pics on the way ...

[ 02-23-2006, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twister ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
That's it... I'm moving. Actually I will be central Florida for the 3rd week of March. Looking forward to some good fishing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey B, just sayin hi.. It's good to hear you enjoyed your break from the chilly weather! See ya in the S'mere!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts