BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will tell ya you have not lived until you have caught 40 plus pound Reds on 10 pound test in the flats. Just an awesome site to even see the big school of bruisers move through the water, let alone seeing one come for your bait

Got out with two NSB locals Ken and Bob to do just that.

I think I enjoy just taking the photos now :D

Make this a must for those who like to travel

Take Care All

·
Registered
489 Posts
Off our dock Wednesday morning 33.75" long and delicious! He had a much bigger one yesterday, but the slot is 26-34.... On a shrimp under a bobber.

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
You got to love Florida... and to sight fish them just makes it perfect.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
WOW, Wish they were hitting like that when I was down there a week ago. Just my luck - go to Florida and the cold front followed me. Nice job Dr.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ramblin, what are you doing with the likes of such a lowlife? How is Capt. Wayne? Tell him that "The Box" opens in only seven weeks, and that I want him to sweep the floor and get the place cleaned. Then tell him that I'll be back later in the afternoon with his paycheck. LOL.

Nice fish. I got a picture of it the other day in my email. Wayne sure knows how to live the life.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by doyle007:
Ramblin, what are you doing with the likes of such a lowlife?
Hey, ya can't pick your neighbors... :D
He is anxious to get back to the store, I'm certain of it :rolleyes:
Yeah, we have it rough down here. Reading about the stripers biting and nice weather up there... Meanwhile today we will see 88 degrees and basting our butts off.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Ramblin:
Off our dock Wednesday morning 33.75" long and delicious! He had a much bigger one yesterday, but the slot is 26-34.... On a shrimp under a bobber.
Almost as big as those Reds

[ 04-07-2006, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys these are Mosquito Lagoon Reds

Imagine 200-300 stripers all 30 pounds plus traveling in large schools. You pole in on them and throw a shrimp, mullet, or plug. The entire schools will run to your bait. These same fish are able to be caught at night around bridges. The main difference in the Flats is that they have NO WHERE to go so you can go real light on the tackle, 10 pound powerpro. They typically will take about half your spool and you have to chase them down to land. It's without question some of the most exciting fishing I have ever done

Here's a Bull Red we caught at night around a bridge. Totally different tackle, they have the upper hand around the bridges

·
Registered
294 Posts
It is amazing to see those schools blow up too. We took this black guy named Charlie who didn't like water to begin with & when he saw the school blow up, he thought it was a sea monster & got very scared.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.