BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
WOW!!! You can keep them!
Wouldn't be so quick to say that. Just caught a couple blacktips off Palm Beach in the surf last week. They are truly a superb light tackle gamefish, with strong runs and frequent jumps. As a plus they are easily caught in the surf. I wish we had runs of them off NJ like they are in FL.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
They are an amazing fight. I hooked three about 80 pounds last week just off the beach down here in Florida. One took off 300 yeards of 45 pound braid so fast I just got the motor started and chased him down seconds before a bare spool. He jumped twice 5 or 6 feet in the air and I lost him when the braid broke. I had another break the line on a high jump. I landed one and released him then that night did some research and realized I could have kept it, and that they were considered excelant eating.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blacktip's are quite good if properly cared for upon catching. Try teryaki with 1 inch steaks in a ziiplock in the fridge for about 2 hours and then right on the grillle...good eats.

Tight Lines,

Frank

They are an amazing fight. I hooked three about 80 pounds last week just off the beach down here in Florida. One took off 300 yeards of 45 pound braid so fast I just got the motor started and chased him down seconds before a bare spool. He jumped twice 5 or 6 feet in the air and I lost him when the braid broke. I had another break the line on a high jump. I landed one and released him then that night did some research and realized I could have kept it, and that they were considered excelant eating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.