BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Capt Greg Devault today, put in at Placida Park to hit some holes in and around Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park. Plenty of fish were seen but the cold weather didn't have them snapping. Unfortunately we saw lots of dead snook and jacks.

It was cold going but we would warm up quickly once stopped..

The only snook of the day, I think he was trying to get warm...

We did catch some reds and trout... wasn't a banner day but we all had fun!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Never got above freezing in NJ today!

Those cold shocks we get down there never help our fisheries though, fish are never ready for it and theres quite a bit of damage to the snook populations when a freeze hits. :(

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
That's my backyard...thanks for the report! Yesterday set record low temps, you must have been the only boat out there :D.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Question:

How do you troll your eyeball spread with that big wind maker in the back?

Tight Lines,

Frank

ps yes, i have frozen my arse off in miami the past two days.....hit low 40s this morning....ouch.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
ps yes, i have frozen my arse off in miami the past two days.....hit low 40s this morning....ouch.

I get back into town monday.... hope it warms up by then

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's my backyard...thanks for the report! Yesterday set record low temps, you must have been the only boat out there :D.
I didn't see another boat until around 2pm that afternoon. The next day the charter had about 100 reds boated.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Leave it to Loopy to go all the way down to Florida to fish and still get cold weather with slow-slow fishing. :razz: At least you got into some action Jon.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leave it to Loopy to go all the way down to Florida to fish and still get cold weather with slow-slow fishing. :razz: At least you got into some action Jon.
Upon my arrival, a representative from the Florida Board of Tourism met me at the gate and offered me a big fat check to head back north. They think I'm some kind of jinx... :D

The fishing wasn't as hot and heavy as I hoped, but we had a blast! :D

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had never been on one so it was a blast, if the weather had been warmer it would have been worth its weight in gold. He took us up some small creeks were you had to cross exposed bars to get to some deep holes in the back that were loaded with reds, snook, jacks and trout.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,712 Posts
That looks like fun fishing.:thumbsup::D

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Loopy I fished about a mile of the Everglands a few years ago,It was the best fishing I've ever seen.That water is ALIVE:eek::thumbsup:

There is something Spooky about the Everglades,The whole time I was there I thought what would happen if we broke down and I had to swim to Shore:D:D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Upon my arrival, a representative from the Florida Board of Tourism met me at the gate and offered me a big fat check to head back north. They think I'm some kind of jinx... :D
Either a jinx or just a longhair hippie in retirement. :razz:

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, I just had my yearly hair cut two days before that pic! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts