BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well first and foremost I would like to say hello and it's good to be back on my fav fishing site on the net. As most of you know I escaped the cold a while back and got to do some fishing down in Florida while most of you were in a deep freeze here at home. It looks as though things have started to pick up around here though as I have seen quite a few reports with some decent fish in 'em. Way to go guys and keep them coming. I got down to my brothers in Pompano beach in mid to late January and started things off with a trip to Bass Pro and then the Fishing Hall of Fame. I enjoyed the Hall but with the anticipation of catching a few I kind of rushed through the place but it was still very interesting. Here are some pics but please hesitate on the comments as this will be a pretty long report with a lot of pics and I will let you know when it is finished. Thanx, BBB---:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We hit some canals and ponds from shore that we heard produced Peacocks and I was saddened to witness a pretty big fish kill that had spread across all of South Florida from the cold weather that lingered down there. Here are some of the nicer fish....

The one pic has three in laying on shore feet from each other.:eek:

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Sad:thumbsdown:Winter hurt alot of things but better days r coming! Hey does BPS still have the shooting range? and the skeet screen? In one of the spots out front(parking) is a diesel fuel stain! I couldn't start my Ford and had to change out the fuel filter and didn't have the ring on right when I fired it up spillage!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Good stuff man. :thumbsup: Sum dem bass got a big ol head but small bodies. :confused:

That's a shame with the fish/animal kill, the non-natives usually go first. I also saw the pictures of the snook and grouper kills, and even heard of over 150 manatees dieing... tough times for the animals but this is part cycke. :mad:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sad:thumbsdown:Winter hurt alot of things but better days r coming! Hey does BPS still have the shooting range? and the skeet screen? In one of the spots out front(parking) is a diesel fuel stain! I couldn't start my Ford and had to change out the fuel filter and didn't have the ring on right when I fired it up spillage!
Hahaha, yeah Dave they still have it.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanx Sham-wow...:D. SWS, yeah they say that this was the worst winter they have had down there for a long time. I heard the same thing about the manatees also...Maybe it cut the numbers of all the non native snakes in the glades though. That would probablybe one of the only positives they will get out of it. Some of those fish had some big bellies but you can't see it in the pics.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.