BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Capt Dave Kostyo of the Knot Nancy.... I have fished with him several times and he is great! Sails, kings, as well as Tarpon! He is a Penn sponsor nad has great stuff! 28 WHitewater CC! Oh yeah, out of Miami area(inlet before Government Cut)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom I've been to key west FOUR times trying to catch a sail. Struck out each time. Maybe the upper keys? Still need an Atlantic sail...we went to isla mujeres last year on a recommendation from AndyL and caught 30+ tuna but no sails. Not Andy's fault we missed the sail migration and had a great trip...snorkled And ran around in golf carts every day how can you complain about that.

AK Ill send you an email. I'm looking for location so i can plan air then a charter recommendation.

THX
EC

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
AK Ill send you an email. I'm looking for location so i can plan air then a charter recommendation.

THX
EC
Sure thing. I got some contacts up in Jupiter/WPB area that are good for fishing up there, wont break the bank staying up there like you would in miami

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Google Captain Dean Panos...Double D charters.....if he doesn't put you on a sail I will buy you a dinner at Joe's stone crab....he is that good. Runs a 34 sea vee. Tell him I sent you.

We just had a cold push last night....its in the low 40's in Miami this morning as I prep for my run....brrrrrr. Sailfishing has been great at times and spotty others, but with this push of cold air they should be chewin.

Dean runs out of the Fort Lauderdale area.

Tight Lines,

Frank

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Sailfish Marina in Palm Beach Shores or Bud n' Mary's in Islamorada. Fished both and are excellent. March is a little late but still plenty of fish around in a normal year. They are not hard to catch if they are around.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Captain Ray Rosher of the Miss Britt.
Ray is in Coconut Grove which is directly south of Miami.
IMO one of the best sail fish Captains in that area

·
Registered
577 Posts
Focus on the middle or southern keys in march. miami and north are great in the early winter but the bulk of the fish should be considerably south by march 10.

Miami in January / Key West for easter. Interpolate everything in between. That seems to work for us

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.