BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,I'am done in florida checking on the condo got hit by charlie,just wondering what hot down here, I'am in Punta gorda and have use of a 21' carolina skiff.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Can't help you on the West Coast but I'm heading for our place in the Keys in a couple of days. Good luck & welcome to the board.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I fish Naples and Marco Is in Jan-Feb and do real well with trout and redfish ,few snook
I like to use small bucktail tip with a piece of fresh shrimp
Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys we just come in from the boat took the kids and the wifes for a ride on the myakka river most likely going to start at the el jobean bridge and head out from there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try fishing in Trutle Bay, which is not far for you. Also as you head toward the Boca Grande Pass on your starport side there are several rundown fishing shacks above the water in the back bay, head in toward them, but turn right and fish along the backside shoreline. This spot is great for 40 inch plus snooks. Wish I could show you instead, but I am not down there until Thanksgiving. Also try fishing in the Boca Grande Pass (lighthouse side) and the oil tank docks on the inside is great spot. Two other spots are just outside the pass, fish the ledge along the pass in front of the first tower (starport side), then first bouy after tower on portside. Good Luck and let me know how it went. Contact Tonyd18901 on AIM anytime

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you do not have a live well on the boat, put the bait fish in a bucket with ice. The ice shuts them down, but never kills them and when you cast them in the water, they will wake up and go nuts attracting big fish

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Tony Welcome & sounds like good advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts