BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching on floscan and the like, but most of the posts seem a little older and some of the suggested alternatives are discontinued. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with anything new out there that does the same. Some of your new boats already have similar GPH gauges and such, so I kinda wanted to jump on that band wagon. I'd like to see what I use GPH in real time so I can trim the boat out better for better GPH. I may want to upgrade my chart plotter...are there any systems out there that incorporate this technology instead of purchasing a standalone $600 floscan? I have carb, twin Mercruiser 5.7.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
try searching for fuel flow meter. I had a Floscan on both my last boats and loved it. I believe floscan was taken over by another company but not sure by who. I think maretron has an equivalent.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
what kind of GPS do you have, several of them have options to add a fuel flow meter to them. I had one years ago on my NAVMAN but now its integrated with my motor and gauges, accurate enough but I have to add 10% total burned.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I use lowrance flow sensors that integrate into my NMEA and display on my Simrad NSS7 for each engine. Shows fuel burn and trip data. you have t calibrate them which I need to do again on the new motors, but they were pretty accurate and I need them as my tank fuel senders back then were way off. But I have since installed new ones that are very accurate.

I used to run the boat and play with the tabs and throttles to get the boat running at the optimum speed and fuel burn ratio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts