BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
frozen chum logs of clam or mussel, plus smashed up whole fresh clams (some into the pot others just into the slick). we sometimes throw some cracked corn into the slick...not quite sure how beneficial that is, but we get them biting pretty good most days. fresh clam, bloodworm, or sandworm for hook baits.

·
Registered
173 Posts
W Flounder will also feed on very small whiteish worms so including some cooked rice into to chum can be benificial. Like "Red"I also throw cracked corn which particularly good in determining the tidal flow for identifing the best placement of your hooked baits. At times, especially at the change of tide, current flow can be different than your boats position at anchor. I have found that bait placement in your slick is key. Everyone fishing on my boat uses his own pot and fishes right next to it.If you don't snag it every once in a while you're not close enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.