BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone's had any luck flounder fishing barnegat bay (around 40 can to BI). If so, where? Thinkin of headin out for a few hrs and don't wanna waste time chummin in non-productive areas....thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
It has been slow. In addition, we had close to an inch of rain yesterday which will likely make it even slower.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Candy Man said:
It has been slow. In addition, we had close to an inch of rain yesterday which will likely make it even slower.
Yeah, if it's cloudy it's a lot tougher to catch 'em. Plus, it's been pretty slow the farther south one gets. I've been hearing from a few people that folks have managed catches in the Manasquan River, meaning they're beginning to move out of the northern bay already, at least. Looks like we could have a shorter season than expected this year.

Hopefully things will pick up as the water warms a bit, though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
jmakvet said:
Wondering if anyone's had any luck flounder fishing barnegat bay (around 40 can to BI). If so, where? Thinkin of headin out for a few hrs and don't wanna waste time chummin in non-productive areas....thanks
Between recent rains, new moon tides, and an abreviated schedule, i couldn't get anything at mantoloking bridge 4/5

·
Registered
431 Posts
Blynch said:
Between recent rains, new moon tides, and an abreviated schedule, i couldn't get anything at mantoloking bridge 4/5
Interesting. Mantoloking seems to have produced for the first week of the season (luckily, that's when I fished there!) and it's slowed ever since last weekend. Even Capt. Anthony on the Angela Rose, who usually catches tons of flounder, has reported slow activity.

At this point, I'd move on from the bridge closer to Dale's Point in the bay or even fully into the Manasquan River. Only issue is water temperatures. I have another week or so 'til my boat goes in, so I don't know for sure, but I would assume the water temperatures near the "6/7 hole" or the Clark's Landing channel have got to be pretty chilly. Closer to the Rt. 70 bridge, the construction will probably spook 'em. It's a tricky season, and the strange weather hasn't helped.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: 4/5/

To answer my own question of flounder fishin in south barnegat bay....wonder if the bait store will buy back the other 11 worms from the dozen I bought on Sat?
Fished w/ about 12-15 other boats in mouth of Oyster Creek, chummed like hell and not even a bite, water seemed pretty clear considering all the rain...was hopeful but got skunked!! At least the wind didn't disappoint and blew hard/cold enough to keep my chum good n frozen!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts