BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished outfront only to catch junk fish went under the longport bridge and had 37 flounder with 8 keepers from 19 in to 24.5. the keepers were caught at dead high tide. all fish hit a live killie hooked in the tail (do to slack tide) out of all the keepers i had 2 my son had the rest.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Nice report flukesnatcher - just curious why you hooked the killies in the tail at slack high tide? I'd think the flounder would be able to catch the bait regardless of the current if they really wanted it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more aggressive movement when tail hooked at slack tide and also more natural in clear clean water. i always hook them through the mouth with moving water. if you try hooking them through the tail with moving water you will kill your bait alot quicker(drown your minnow).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey fluke snatcher nice going,I learned that trick about 10 yrs ago from a mate on a partyboat the Superhawk out of Pt. Lookout N.Y.,It really does work in that tidal condition when most baits are not catching or catching junkfish,The mate that taught me this also believed in using the smallest minnows you have for this .Have a great flukin summer.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
hey reel estate welcome to the barn

i work for havertown also know a lot of the people

a good friend of mine happens to be john mcaleer you know him??

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
yeah i used to cut his lawn when he was an auto mechanic .. sold my bro his first house sold my dads house last year ......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts