BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
It wouldn't bother me. They won't have the resources to enforce it.
Hell, I keep every flounder I catch now. Did you ever notice the signs at Hill's Seafood that says "Baby Flounder for Sale"? Where do you think they get them?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree with Capt. Adam.

this past year was the best year i've had for fluke off the beach. keepers almost every trip, a lot of nice 18-20" fish.

i would be up for lowering the bag limit by a few fish, if anything. for us beach fisherman, ending the season the first week of sept. will really kill our season.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Anyone who THINKS a mortitorium on flounder will fix the problem has no idea as to what the issue is
Do a little research ,there is no lack of Summer flounder and closing a season would not fix problem
Given the current computer program I've been told if season was closed in 2008 the program would still report that Nj over fished it's qouta
The data is flawed ,the law is flawed and not doing what it was intended to do and ONLY people winning are the few "tree huggers" who have publicly said their goal is to SHUT DOWN ALL OCEAN FISHING

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUCKTAIL WILLIE said:
Anyone who THINKS a mortitorium on flounder will fix the problem has no idea as to what the issue is
Do a little research ,there is no lack of Summer flounder and closing a season would not fix problem
Given the current computer program I've been told if season was closed in 2008 the program would still report that Nj over fished it's qouta
The data is flawed ,the law is flawed and not doing what it was intended to do and ONLY people winning are the few "tree huggers" who have publicly said their goal is to SHUT DOWN ALL OCEAN FISHING
You're right the data is bad. If you think of how much fish the rec's throw away , hardly any compared to the amount of (out of date) fish that gets disposed of by super markets & fish stores . Who should get the cuts?

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
How many boats will you see for sale if that happens? Who will give up there slips?
Fish for 6" seabass all summer in the wrecks, you can only keep 1 tog.
Everyone has to fish for weakies at night?
The only thing left is to run offshore, how many have a boat to do that?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
No Moritorium...I think if that ever happened you would see a mutiny. Kinda like the boston tea party with flounder racks being thrown on the steps of the state capital.....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Skip M said:
For both Commies & Rec's who's in favor ?
Lets make it like the striper regs. - with a highly requlated commercial license required-why not? We have it for stripers - and apparently the fluke are in the same danger zone as the stripers were back in the 80's. Other then NJ the other eastern states have commercial quotas for strippers-?Should at least stave off any type of moratorium.:cool:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
There is nothing wrong with summer flounder. No shortage. No lack of. No problem at all. How can you fix something that isn't broke.:rolleyes: We may as well sit next to the wetlands on a calm May morning and figure out how we can improve the gnat population.:(

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
Hey Fred how do you fillet a gnat? I would think a green head would be much easier.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
We may as well sit next to the wetlands on a calm May morning and figure out how we can improve the gnat population.:(

now thats some funny ship!! thanks fu

it dose bring tears to my eyes every time i think back when i was younger,

the childern of today are missing out on so much. you can't begin nameing all the things thats changed for the worst!

theres no more bobbin for apples in schools halloween partys, heck can't call it halloween anymore either:(

and thats just a fraction of the things that once were & will never be agian... & for what good?

so my awnser: NO moritorium ,it's over reacting to something that not broken

freedom ots.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
BILLO said:
Lets make it like the striper regs. - with a highly requlated commercial license required-why not? We have it for stripers - and apparently the fluke are in the same danger zone as the stripers were back in the 80's. Other then NJ the other eastern states have commercial quotas for strippers-?Should at least stave off any type of moratorium.:cool:
Not even close to the striped bass situation of the 80's. Fluke are at an all time high. Stripers were at an all time low.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
summer flounder reproduce and bear young at a very early age. 13 to 14 inches and they already contribute to the stock which is great. That's roughly a year to two into their lives...... To compare them to stripers or any other fish (redfish,grouper,etc) that have to be senior citizens of the fish world before they are sexually mature is a mistake. Summer flounder should not be compared to fish that take so long into their lives to reproduce. Fluke have that leg up when it comes to rebuilding.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
As Adam bomb and others have said there is no shortage, a moritorium would hurt those that make a living at fishing, Easy Runnin you keep all that you catch, then you're as bad as those who regulate.:mad:

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I hope your kidding:rolleyes:
Easy Runnin said:
It wouldn't bother me. They won't have the resources to enforce it.
Hell, I keep every flounder I catch now. Did you ever notice the signs at Hill's Seafood that says "Baby Flounder for Sale"? Where do you think they get them?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
There is no shortage of summer Flounder !!!!

The monetary resources used to put a moratorium in place would be better put to use policeing the waterways for shorts and species kept that are not in season.

Tree huggers need to get an education and correct data before they open their pie holes.:mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts