BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished back bay locations with Mike Grabbe on Friday. Hit the last two hours of the up tide and last three hours of out going. Boated 11 keeper flounder. Several 20's and a 21. Only had two throw backs all day. Fish primarily hit on white hair hook with minnow. Much to my surprise, did very well with a top/bottom (green) bucktail tipped with mackeral: Mike had success with a pink plastic flounder rig with minnow and mackeral strips. Great day, caught alot of fish, weather was beautiful. Thanks Mike, you're a great captain and one hellava netter! :D :D

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
You ain?t lying about 11 keepers in one day now are you? I haven't seen 11 keepers at once even if I compiled all the keepers from every boat in my buddy?s marina.

We're catching flounder, yes, but the throw back ratio is ridiculous.

Well good for you and Mike. At least somebody is doing well with the fluke.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Flattop,
I'd have asked the same question the day before. Sure has been a tough year.By far my best day.I got 3 on Thur. and that was best til Fri.Ron just had the hot hand.
We got em in bunches all in the same area.Pleasure puttin you on the fish Ron
(BTW back bays behind SH)
Grab

·
Registered
144 Posts
PA lurker report;
Fished Sat. behind SH with my gal. We had nice drifts on the incoming last two hours, and first three hours of outgoing. We caught 48 fluke all together. She caught 30 herself! Bad news is, we only kept TWO!!!!! Came mostly on minnow bottom rig and some on red and green bucktail with shiner. We had a great day catching, just not too good on the keeping end.
Good luck all!

Notch

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flattop-
By far my best day flounder fishing ever. Had a ball. Great quality flounder, and plenty of action. Mike and I commented on the keeper to throw back ratio. And for a change our keeper ratio was much greater. We only had two throw backs all day. Boated the other 11 for the freezer. Came home that night and fried those babies up with some black beans and rice! Mike thanks again, Ipp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts