BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried for some flat ones from the side in Manasquan w/ some clams exposed by the low water... Blowout low left my intended spot high and dry... ended up w/ afew decent bites but nothing actually landed.

NorK3 mate said 3 fish the whole trip on his boat.

On a more positive note, the Pounder II splashes on April 4th

Good luck everyone
blynch

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was out in Belmar this afternoon. There were a few boats out there, but very few fish caught.

One guy told us that he had been out all day and had 1 in the box. We only saw three caught between about 1:30 and 6PM.

·
Registered
807 Posts
6 flatties in two days , not nearly the slammer we had last year . On the good side they were all over 14 inches with a few going 16.5 .

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same thing, three fish all over 14" yesterday. Fished upper part of the bay. Water was 39.5 when we got to our first spot at 12:30 :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Talked to two scuba divers at belmar today, they got one flounder, said lots of flounder on the bottom, but temp's in mid 30's on bottom has fish sluggish. Also said lots of green crabs on the bottom. Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I doubt the flounders have moved into the Manasquan in numbers yet. At this point, I'd try the Barnegat Bay side.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TurboDan said:
I doubt the flounders have moved into the Manasquan in numbers yet. At this point, I'd try the Barnegat Bay side.
Planning on doing some chumming @ the manto bridge :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Blynch said:
Planning on doing some chumming @ the manto bridge :)
Cool! Is your boat in the water? Mine's still in the backyard for a few more weeks, but I'm scheduled for a charter with the Angela Rose on Friday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate as best as can be expected this time of year.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TurboDan said:
Cool! Is your boat in the water? Mine's still in the backyard for a few more weeks, but I'm scheduled for a charter with the Angela Rose on Friday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate as best as can be expected this time of year.
Not quite yet she goes in the 4th

Angela rose is one of the few boats catching them in numbers recently, good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts