BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I mean is: who goes from area to area searching? And who goes to there favorite honey hole and drifts it for 5 hours?

I found that on my last trip and many when the bite is a little slow, that hunting is the way to go. This week it has worked as some reliable spots have been slower than others.

Guess I'm looking for the eight-pointer, uh I mean 8 pounder

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
BUMP !!!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My last trip was a week ago. I had to go out of town. Good trip. Searched 4 areas and finally found decent fish. A 5.5lb. as the best of 10 keepers with a 4lb. fish. The worst was I had to pick my Dad up off the beach in the middle of the bite. Lost 35/40 minutes.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I've slowed down on running all over looking for em with the high gas prices. I'm doing long drifts...like 3-4 hrs worth...I usually end up with 4-6 keepers and a few doz throwbacks. On an outgoing tide I start between 6 bouy and 34 and will drift down to flattop before starting the motor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Out on the reef Ill drift long drifts to start, If i hit one fish ill keep going, if all 4 poles bend i usually re drift that spot till i limit out ;x

·
Registered
408 Posts
In Barnegat Bay I know what spots should hold feeding fluke during certain tides based on recent trips and the time of year. I first go to those locations at the right tide when starting out. If that game plan does not pan out I then go searching.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I will go out and fish the part of the reef that has produced for me before and if that does not work I will check other parts of the reef. If that doesn't work I will look for the guy who making short drifts and give that a shot.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
HEY UNDERDOG WENT LAST WEEK DID GOOD IN ABECSON GOIN SAT 23 RD WILL TRY AGAIN TODAY WILL GIVE YOU A SHOUT MY CHOICE OF BAIT GREEN BUCKTAIL WITH STRIP OF MACKERAL JIGGING

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That fish house pic never loses its intrigue. Should be in a horror movie or something

·
Registered
154 Posts
I slept one off in that "Old Fish Factory" one very cold december night.After that I went out and bought a Yamaha and have been leaving scales in the sheets ever since.What a great landmark....

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That place has been a sight for sore eyes ever since the early 70's when pops taught me how to fish out of Oyster Creek in Great Bay. I hope that it stands for ever. My dad questions why I call it the fish factory when we called the stink house back in the day. I heard rumors of it being torn down and replaced with windmills but I hope that never happens.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Search. 2 drifts max.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Real good question underdog, sometimes it pays to stick around keep fishing a productive area hoping the fish turn on and other times it pays to search em out. I tend to keep drifting a certain area but agree probably do better to search em out and repeat drift when you find the fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts