BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had vladimir gawron down on sat.we had 700 clams 2 short stripers 5 small bluefish and 53 fluke 31 were keepers only kept our limit our 2 largest fish were just over 3 pounds and both had to be released because we were already limited out.today sunday took larry groff out we caught bluefish and fluke caught over 30 fluke with 11 keepers the largest was 6.2 pounds had another one 4 pounds.fish were caught around great bay.saw weakfish caught but did not try for them as we wanted the fluke.louis

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
dp

[ 06-05-2006, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: freaky One ]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the fish were caught around great bay trolling the sloughs in the bars.3 to 5 foot of water for the fluke.the stripers were caught on poppers in the rain tight to the banks near the inlet,the blues were with the bass.they key to the numbers of fluke is trolling.by trolling i can stay on the edge of the sloughs were the fluke are more concentrated when you find them keep going over them they were all together.some spots i trolled 500 feet before i got a bite but when i found them we trolled and casted the spot til they quit biting then would go find another patch of them.there is alot of areas not holding fish the trolling just locates them faster.you do not need anything fancy a sinker to stay on bottom a 3 foot or more leader with a hook and a minnow,that is it.if the tide is ripping i troll against the tide just add heavier weight.louis

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lunchman i try to troll as slow as i can,i have twin outboards on the boat according to wind and tide i will either troll against the tide or maintain a controlled drift with the tide.some times with one motor other times with both.i have a 23 foot seacraft but this kind of fishing would be done best in a smaller boat.the twin outboards help me to control the drift i want.an electric bow mount motor on an aluminum boat would be perfect.louis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.