BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the meeting in Galloway Township, N.J. yesterday, they made it a point to mention that we are now allowed to cut up one fluke as bait (fluke belly). It must be of legal size, you must keep the carcass, it does count as one of your bag limit, and you can use both sides of the one fish.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Hey phillyfishing

Yo Paul...First keeper you get were carvin' up for bait :D ...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly what the person in charge said, but the final outcome and consensus was for the 18", 8 fish, and the shorter season.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So it looks like I'll just hold on & refreeze my legal rack & cut up every sub-legal fish that comes aboard.

Not me but I'm sure this is what will happen.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
R & R said:
So it looks like I'll just hold on & refreeze my legal rack & cut up every sub-legal fish that comes aboard.
Tempting... :D
Will be even more tempting if it looks like we're getting shut down by 7/4....

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
R & R said:
Like I've said a hundred times before... all they are doing is taking well meaning, environmentally minded fisherman that never broke the law and turning them into pirates... arrrrrrrrhhh... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get Some said:
Is that one fish per person on the boat?
Good question! I don't think they addressed that point, wish you were there. They did say it would be printed in the regulations for 2008. I would think it would be one fish per person.

·
Registered
648 Posts
R & R said:

Not me but I'm sure this is what will happen.
Wow... this was the first thought I had also - I imagine this will need to be clarified by fish & game :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts