BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recieved alot of questions about our fluke bomb and thought i should answer them for the barn.
The fluke bomb is a tested and very effective jig for doormat fluke.
It is a 4 oz. jig designed for deep water, but will work in depths from 35-50' also.
The key to the jigs effectiveness in the style of fishing we tried is the jig itself.
Not all ava jigs are the same!!! Many are just diamond jigs, without the flat surface on the backside of the ava..
With our version of the AVA you now have a jig designed to flutter and entice a strike from aggressive fluke. This jig excites and angers the fluke which will cause them to strike.
This is a very specific type of fishing. Using a flutter style adapted from vertical jigging tuna, cod and other species..
The jig can be cast and worked back, jigged vertical, or skipped along the botttom along lumps or rockpiles.
Be prepared to loose some to the fish gods in structure-- just the nature of the beast. But the rewards can be the fish of a lifetime or just one hell of a nice 8 lb'er
AGAIN KEY TO THE JIG METHOD WE HAVE FOUND IN THIS TYPE OF FISHING IS IT'S PROFILE.
WHILE THERE ARE OTHER EFFECTIVE WAYS TO RIG A SQUID, WE like the flutter action of the AVA we designed.
And as always i'm glad to answer questions or concerns

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
They look like killer fluke jigs. Just imagine a big strip of bluefish hanging off it. I'll definitely pick up a couple before fluke season. Also need a couple of your 6 to 8 oz bucktails to stock up for the deepwater fluke.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Palmer Rigs A+++

It wa nice meeting you at the OC Show you were at last week. Those bucktails are awesome looking. I can't wait to try out those teasers as well.
If you guys are looking for quality tackle Palmer is the man:bow: I bought a few dozen bucktails and teasers and would have grabbed more but the wife was along :eek: These riggs are hand made by Tony and he is very knowledgeable in this field. You also cant beat his price anywhere:D

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
i am pumped!!!! to use those fluke bombs
just looking at it theres just no way i can think tht a fish wouldnt want to bite it if those things work as good as they look im in for a good season

·
Registered
576 Posts
It that setup strong enough to be used for vertical jigging tuna?

Also, as far as bottom fishing for fluke with it, do you basically bounce it back to you like you would a bucktail?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.