BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your prefences? I just saw the shimano tranx, wow thats nice, anyone use that? How about the curado?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I did a favor for a friend and he rewarded me with a used, but in great shape Calcutta reel on an AllStar crankbait rod. I'm going to replace the rod with something stiffer and use the setup as a fluke rod for the kayak.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Canyon Hs-15 in the ocean

Penn Sargus or small abu garcia in the back from the kayak.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that tranx is way to much money, I will most likely use an avet sx or calcutta.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Daiwa Saltist is a great reel for about $150. Another good one is the Sealine XHA for about $100 to $125. Love them both! :thumbsup:
The Diawa Saltist is a great reel under rated and under used up here with us Yanks Down South they love Diawa for everything.. just an Observation:thumbsup: ..I also like my Avets too.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Calcutta 400

What are your prefences? I just saw the shimano tranx, wow thats nice, anyone use that? How about the curado?
I have been using this reel for quite some time no trouble and I like it.I looked up that tranX for a 500 size $499. 50 # prower pro thats a bit much for fluke. Larry Dhalberg was using it in the Gulf oil rigs catching dolphin, tuna and looked like an Amberjack.I will check one out at the saltwater show but dout if I ever buy one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts