BASS BARN banner

If the 2010 Fluke Regs move to 2 fish per man at min of 19 1/2" What will you do?

• I will follow the Rules

Votes: 60 50.0%
  • I will break the law, more so as a protest the rule.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • I will stop fluke fishing, enough is enough

Votes: 17 14.2%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I voted that I'd follow the rules. 1) I can't see myself purposely breaking the law & 2) I don't see myself giving up fluke fishing as I enjoy it to much. However, I DO see myself not fluke fishing as much or, if the regs are somehow more favorable, fishing from the dark side.

·
Registered
62,424 Posts
Did the thread get moved? Or deleted?

·
Registered
31,937 Posts
I'm not really into flounder fishing or eating so two would be enough of a bonus on a trip for something else. I wouldn't bother dedicating a trip to them. And I centainly wouldn't make a long run out front for them.

I'd rather fish for bluefish. Troll for mahi and bonito. Or bottom fish for sea bass, porgy and tog.

Freshwater fishing is looking better every day. Cheaper, less regs and more fish :D

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
I will follow the rules and it is that simple for me. I also fish for some other good eating species in the summer that I like more than flounder.

·
Registered
22,482 Posts
I'll follow the rules. Maybe not as many trips.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Don't want to be a hypocrit, so I voted I would follow the rules. To make it worthwhile I'll have to have a second or third species targeted for the same trip.

1. 2.5 hour ride to the marina
2. $35-$40.00 in gas for the vehicle
3. $100.00 or so if I go on a charter
4. $ $60.00 + for bait and fuel if I take my own boat, limited to the Bay, chance for larger fluke decreases.

Good for every body elses economy, but $200.00 for two fish?:mad::mad:

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
140 views and 20 votes?? Your wives not allowing you to vote?? :D
maybe pleading the fifth,

i bumped the laws a couple times, and found it no fun, i go fishing to enjoy myself,not tobe looking over my sholder, once it get to that point its nolonger enjoyment, i just won't go

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Like Snoop said """ they glasses are full but they ain't chipped in """

JZ congrats your the winner of the fastest to come up with a lame *** excuse pool.

Here is another prime example of why we are getting smoked. A simple get together in the middle of the winter. A gathering to fight for our passion , a opportunity to come together uniting as one dig our feet in the sand and saying stop the madness.

All I can do is go and do what I know is right !!!! So I will be making the trip hopefully all of the big charter boats players go hopefully all the big player marina and bait and tackle store owners go hopefully all the big player web site owners go. But that just being wishful all of thee above most likely have something to do Feb 24 perhaps count their earning from the past year or perhaps figure out how to con themselves through another year.

I certainly don't blame the everyday rec angler if they don't attend the march on Wash. Hell I'm willing to bet that none of the Big players will be there. Why there egos won't permit it. So how could you be called on to attend ,,,,, Because it is the right thing to do !!!!! Don't get caught up in the lame *** excuse or General Category group Just put your heads down and go. When it all boils down to it with bodies and number we will win this war.

Don't wait to read the news Be the news !!!!

thats enough for now I have to go fishing why because it is my right to do so !!!!!

·
Banned
884 Posts
This wont be a popular answer but- I'll follow the limit if fishing inshore or the bay, but not when I run out to the OG,Reef11, etc. The costs to run that far dont justify going, but I'm still gonna go. No one is gonna tell me otherwise.Show me good science behind some of these decisions and I'm in. The more we "accept" this crap the worse its gonna become. Fishpicker is right on-we need to get involved, and yes I'll be there on the 24th of February to put my two cents in...enough is enough.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
so out of 44 votes so far 17 of you will knowingly break the law ??:huh:

what does that say :nuts::wave:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts