BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
How the hell did they keep it on? I'm sure they weren't using wire leaders for fluking! And what .lb test were they using for fluke that it stood up to an 80lb shark?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actuall the shark came up and ate his fluke he was hooked up on, he fought the shark for about 10 minutes and then the mate helped gaf the shark and pulled him up. ON A FLUKE RIG!!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
How many mates did it take to pull that monster in? LOL Interesting bycatch.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I agree. Looks like a small baby thresher to me... A pic at the boat would have been enough. But, whatever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The point of killing it that it was a legal fish and the are good to eat. Had some the night it was caught and it was good. They split the whole shark up among the baot to anyone wanting some. Just like keeping a striper. I am a straigh striper tagger, been tagging for 4 years now. Never knock anyone for keeping a fish as long as it is legal and not wasted.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Cool fish Mac...Hope it was good...Must have shocked the sh!t out of ya!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I've hooked brown sharks on flounder rigs and got them to the boat using a shamano 3500 and 20# Power Pro. lost a lot of rigs that way too.
NICE CATCH

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I've hooked brown sharks on flounder rigs and got them to the boat using a shamano 3500 and 20# Power Pro. lost a lot of rigs that way too.
NICE CATCH

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nice catch :D And your right,,Theres nothing wrong with keeping a legal fish,,Enjoy :D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
in the words of the malamutes made (in)famous by Richard Pryor, "Lets eat the biotch!"

:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.