BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys,I've been catching fluke since April 5th and have tagged over 100 up to 23"
Most consistent bait as been a 3/8 or 1/2 bucktail with a short herring strip but mackeral will probably also work.
In addition I have a free 3/0 hook with a copper penny 3" shrimp .
bucktail has a 3 ft flourocarbon leader tied to a 2 way swivel.I tie the free hook off the 2 way swivel and keep the leader about 12-15"
Has produced consitently the entire month
Ration of keepers to shorts has been about 6-1

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
good advice

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking along the same line for opening day except I was going to use a gulp minnow grub. Good keeper ratio.

RyanF

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deep Pockets-
herring strips 2-3" long ,1/2 " wide ,

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Everyone remember that, Bucktail seriously knows what he's doing. He could catch fish in your bathtub and he'll tag and release them. I may have a couple free days coming up soon, so I'll give you a call on your offer to take me aboard your vessel.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
thanks Willie. All in skinny water?

[ 05-03-2006, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Mike Grabbe ]

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Originally posted by BUCKTAIL WILLIE:
Deep Pockets-
herring strips 2-3" long ,1/2 " wide ,
Thanks, I was telling my father about your post and he asked me what was the best producer, the bucktail w herring strip or the gulp bait :confused: He predicted Gulp bait.

Guess its worth trying the back this weekend

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Last spring fishing for fluke I had fresh herring and bluefish which I caught in the inlet and salted mackeral. Using strips on a bucktail. The herring strips outfish the mackeral and bluefish.

[ 05-04-2006, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Ill be fishing the back bays of Ocean city sunday most likely. May fish out of the Kayak. Thanks for the info willie. Ill be using mackeral and gulp swim minnows. Maybe ill see ya out there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Willy, nice talking to you @ My Wife's Bait Shop Monday while the wind blew. My pleasure.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Willie, thanks for the advice! Nice to here some techniques on how to catch! Too much " I caught this and I caught that" posts anymore......Thanks again.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I took a look at the Gulp baits and it looks like they make a color called New Penny that is copper in color. Is that the one you are referring to?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts