BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a late start this year after being sick and then having some boat trouble but finally got the boat in the water Sat. afternoon. Left the dock 6:00 A.M. Sun. morn and headed to a spot in Rehobeth Bay where some friends have been catching some stripers. Decided to troll a 5 1/8" Yozuri crystal minnow along a few sandbars along the way. Five minutes into the trip I boated a 20" flatty. Only fished to 9:00 but ended up with 2 more flatties (18" and 22") a 22" blue, a 28" striper and released a 26" striper. All were caught trolling the Yozuri within a few miles from my slip. Not a bad way to start the season even if it was a little later than usual.-- By the way 2 of the fluke had sand eels in their stomachs almost excactly the same size as the Yozuri.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the fish were caught trolling a crystal minnow.I've been doing this for several years and it's been a very successful way to put some nice back bay flounder in the boat. Just slow troll along the edges of sandbars in 3-6ft. of water bumping the motor in and out of gear. I hold the rod and jig it back and forth and as soon as I hook up I put the motor into neutral and fight the fish. Last season I managed 2 seven lbers this way and my largest to date this way was a 29" flatty 2 seasons ago. Most people seem very skeptical when I tell them how I catch these fish ,even when they see the fish.But believe it or not it's been putting fish in the box for me. Give it a try if you get a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.