BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met my friend Chris at 5:15 am.Picked up some coffee at Dunkin Donut's And then we met up with Capt Sal Randazzo at Keyport Marine.We loaded up his boat with our gear and our mission began.We took a short ride and netted 45 snappers for the live well and took the ride east.When we arrived at the spot there were a few early birds fishing the spot that I wanted to stop at.We set up on the 1st drift and started catching 5 shorts to every keeper.Knowing the old rule never leave fish to find fish.We made another move which paid off big time On our 1st drift at the other spot Chris boated a 26" 7.75 lb Fluke.On our next drift I caught a 28" 9.08 lb Fluke.The 28" barely fit in the net and boy was Capt Sal ****ting in his pants until he finally netted my Fluke.We ended the day with 15 keepers.And 45 shorts.What a day on Capt Sal's boat the "Little Stugot's".

Art

[ 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well done. Live snapper is the way to go for those big boys. i am not asking for specifics, but i am assuming you were out of the bay, is that right?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt about it we did have a great day.We did try another spot at first that had produced trophy Fluke in the past but with all the Tourney's going on there was alot of pressure in that spot.On 8/26/03 (2 yrs ago) in that spot I had a 29" & a 31.5" which weighed 13.75 lbs.Best part we had the 2nd spot all to ourselves.It sure felt like a weekday out there on Sunday.Let's just say seek & you shall find.

8/23/03

8/26/03

Art

[ 08-04-2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Fluke Report Art, Looks Like A Halibut Report...

Very,Very Nice ....

Thanks For Sharing,,,,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
good deal art-

nice fish - see you on the 6th after the bassmaster classic.

chris
I am really looking forward re our trip on the 6th ;) .I know I am going to have a hard time falling asleep the night before.So whatever time you wanna head out just let me know.I have said it once and I will say it again.That Black Lab 23 ft CC is awesome looking.All the best with your Charter Business.Enjoy the Bassmaster classic & give me a call when your back in town.

Art

[ 07-26-2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
how and where do you net the snappers? i am very interested in using this method...please advise...thanks

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris is it Sat the 6th yet ;)

Snappersssssssssssssss Baby

Art

[ 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Chris and Art

I'm walking out the door for work as i type this and all i can think about is tommorow.
Normaly it takes a canyon trip to make me feel excited like this.
Are we there yet ;)

Those snappers are as good as in the livewell
amongst the 8 pcs of exra special super duper monster flounda bait i have left over in my tank at home. Live ------ ! Hehehehehehehehe

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by In Depth:
Chris and Art

I'm walking out the door for work as i type this and all i can think about is tommorow.
Normaly it takes a canyon trip to make me feel excited like this.
Are we there yet ;)

Those snappers are as good as in the livewell
amongst the 8 pcs of exra special super duper monster flounda bait i have left over in my tank at home. Live ------ ! Hehehehehehehehe
I knew I would get your attention with my last post ;) Flounda what's dat ? He heeeeeeeee :D See guys in the am.

Art

[ 08-05-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Boys-

i can't wait only because i pick up the Butterfly Jigging equipment today. it has yet to be tried on fluke but someone has to try it first. there are very few setups available in the U.S. and we will have one.

one set went down to VA today for some serious tuna jigging action. this technique will revolutionize the jigging industry - mark my words or Shimano's words. maybe they said it - not sure! wait till you see the DVD and how the equipment works.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
Boys-

i can't wait only because i pick up the Butterfly Jigging equipment today. it has yet to be tried on fluke but someone has to try it first. there are very few setups available in the U.S. and we will have one.

one set went down to VA today for some serious tuna jigging action. this technique will revolutionize the jigging industry - mark my words or Shimano's words. maybe they said it - not sure! wait till you see the DVD and how the equipment works.
Your driving me crazy Capt Chris Gatley ;) .How am my going to fall asleep tonight ? Tell me ! Tell
me !

Art

[ 08-05-2005, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
art-

three things about sleep.

1. who needs it
2. its overrated
3. you'll sleep enough when you are dead

now let me go - i have to go to bed! hehehe