BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I decided to call in sick and take a trip down to sea isle.

Nice day out there with only a few fishermen around.

We ended the day with 5 legal fluke all 17-18 inches and one nice 20" weakfish.

Only caught 3 shorts.

Half the Fluke bit on gulp shrimp on a plain gami hook and the other half hit a green bucktail with a strip bait.

He the pleasure of fishing next to Bucktail Willie most of the morning. This man can systematically slay flounder.

We watched as he started a long drift and slowly narrowed his drifts down to about a 50 yard drift.

Each time writing notes on a small tablet.

It amazed me to watch him smoke a cigar, steer the boat, reel in a flounder and scope it with a net. ALL AT ONCE.

He even has eyes like a hawk and pointed out a monster deer tight into the sod bank.

All in all, a nice day on the water.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
good job bro!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Margativille,
Do you do a lot of clamming back there in Ludlam? If so, I have seen you back there a few times. Thanks for the report. Looking to try and get down there this weekend.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Jason,

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear you and your Pop had a nice day on the water. You should now be refreshed and rejuvinated for your migration project! ;) :D

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skmag,
I do alot of clamming around ludlam bay, but have not been in the bay for a few years.

I have a 16' Lowe 1652 with a 50hp Yami on the back

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Originally posted by MargaritaVille:
Hugh,
We are not really doing a migration but more of a replication for a while.
Good luck all the same. It's still going to be a major headache! Let me know if I can be of any assistance along the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts