BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone have any ideas for covering the openings of flush mount rod holders while the boat is not being used and uncovered? Have tried researching the covers that come with some of them, but can't find any without buying the whole rod holder. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone have any ideas for covering the openings of flush mount rod holders while the boat is not being used and uncovered? Have tried researching the covers that come with some of them, but can't find any without buying the whole rod holder. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Make your own. I used a short piece of dowel materialset that in the holder and cut the dowel on the angle to match the top. I then cut pieces of 1/2" starboard, traced out the shape onto the starboard, then cut them out. I used a single sst screw with a finish washer to go through the starboard into the dowel. I drop them in the rod holders and keep the rain and water out, they aren't gasketed or anything, but they keep the biggest amount of water from running between the liner and hull.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
The magic of Duct Tape, not pretty, but effective
Clear packaging tape
Shrinkwrap "repair" tape
Weatherproof tape found in the window "plastic film" section of Home Depot & Lowes

West Marine sells the black rubber caps for rod holers only. Only problem, must check to fit, not all standard

Also, the wooden plugs for emergency plugging of seacocks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.