BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List em here fellas! Products that perform great, do what they say they'll do and more...fly fishing to fly tying...Here's mine
In no particular order...
Teeny lines! Smooooooth and shoot like a rocket!

TFO Rods, if you closed your eyes,picked one up and cast you'd think you'd spent much more! Warranty and service feedback are great too!

Rumpf Fly tying products!!! High quality and affordable bucktails, estaz, sheeps fleece and everything else they make is great and a joy to tie with!

Mirage Flash?? Think I got the name right? Its simialar to Krystal Flash but is sooooo much better!! Krystal Flash cant touch this stuff, it picks up every bit of light and is much easier to tie with and handle!!

Angel hair/ Slinky Fiber Blend! Makes Killa bunka's :D

Mustad Signature series hooks....NIIIICE!

I know im missing some and I'd love to here some others!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Your a psycho ;)

Saltwater Edge Bucktails

Abrahms Hackle

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I will agree that Mustad Sig Series hooks are very nice. I use the 2X tarpon hooks, which are great. I use them almost exclusively now, interspersed with the regular Mustads depending on pattern. They are fairly cheap, which is great for me and the moths in my wallet. :D

Just about everything in saltwater FF'ing is better now than it was 20 years ago. Maybe even 10 years ago. Reels are great and not too $$; same with good quality rods. Tying materials, especially synthetics, are way better.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
I agree on the Temple Fork Rods, Renzetti Vise and Edge Bucktail. With all the stuff out there, it all seems pretty good and I like it all.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Loon products are very good. Comes Alive flash is very mice. William Josheph packs and Tibor reels are as good as they can get, but there are many others that cost less that are good as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Varivas Hooks. Unfortunately the U.S. Distributor goofed up and is no longer carrying them but hopefully someone can pick up the ball and run with it. For now I'm buying up what I can.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've just purchased a 10 WT. Temple Fork and would appreciate suggestions for matching reel. Looked at Oris Mach V large arbor. Any others at moderate price reels? Looking to load 20# backing with intermediate weight forward line for starters. Extra spools for sinking and float lines to follow.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Keyman:
I've just purchased a 10 WT. Temple Fork and would appreciate suggestions for matching reel. Looked at Oris Mach V large arbor. Any others at moderate price reels? Looking to load 20# backing with intermediate weight forward line for starters. Extra spools for sinking and float lines to follow.
I'd look at the Teton Tioga!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Orvis Wonder Line is the best line I have ever casted. I can cast my line out to my backing!!!
Smooth and AWESOME. I know people don't like the big O name, but I find that product to be excellent.
Renzetti Traveler is good as well.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I don't mind Orvis stuff. I don't like Sage. They're the ones who brought scuffing, $600 rods, and other Western (blue vests) things to the East.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm waiting for the stripping basket... something's got to be better than this shopping basket I stole from the ACME!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Teton tiogas - my fav reel for the buck.

Varivas Hooks - great gap & sharp

Fin Sport Fly bags

SW Edge bucktails - no brainer

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Originally posted by longshanks:
I'm waiting for the stripping basket... something's got to be better than this shopping basket I stole from the ACME!
My friend used a basket that goes in front of the handlebars of a bike. He cut the ribbons off.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Berkley vanish??? Sorry have to diasagree here.I tried it and found it shreds after one bass.Take a good look at it and run it thru your fingers after you catch one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts