BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has been ridiculous the last four days...in that time I have released over 50 bluefin tuna to about 20 pounds and 7 mahi-mahi on the fly rod...I have been using 10 wts. Today customer and longtime friend Pete Lee and myself caught and released over 15 bluefin tuna to 18 pounds as well as a 15 pound @38" mahi-mahi on 9 and 10 wts. We could have caught more but we were worn out! Pictures will follow shortly...see JVC's post as he was with me yesterday when three of us released over 25 bluefins on the fly...several doubles and a couple of triple headers...I unhooked JVC's tuna and threw the fly in the water without thinking and before I released his fish he was on again without even retreiving!!! If you want to catch one of these on a fly now is the time...we may never see it like this again.

Capt. Joe

·
Registered
549 Posts
Capt. Joe,

Your killing me. What is your setup? What flys are you using? General area? I was out and it seemed that as soon as we got the boat up to the school they sounded, in seconds. We had no real opportunity to get one or two casts in before they headed for the the bottom. Managed to see that BFT were spitting up sandeels. We were at the SI ridge and couldn't get them to stay on the surface long enought even with a 4 stroke Honda.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Great report gents I actually pulled the long stick out the other day but the fish were a little to big to play with since we were in a tourney. We were using peanuts for bait on the 30's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts