filletone-clouser
novisbleleader-mushmouth
brevoortia-clouser
rob-crease fly
oldsalts-deciever
john yank-assassin
bounty hunter-blurple siliclone
jschmidt-jiggy

Great job, guys! They are all packaged and ready to go! i'll send 'em out on Saturday!

harry

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Flies

All nice ties guys. I think I'll throw that dynamite Mush-Mouth first though.
Thank's again for putting it all together Harry.

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats a nice bunch of flies!!

We should market this pack to Orvis.

I havnt used my last fly swap patterns, enjoy keeping them at the bench and using them as templates.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flyguy784 said:
Thanks, John! I'll be glad to do it anytime! I have to tell you, there was a brief second or two, when I had all these flies laid out on the table, that I had some less than honest thoughts go thru my head!!!!!:p :D

I can't wait to fling these, either. I do think the breeding bass on the flats will like that assassin!:)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jschmidt63 said:
thats a nice bunch of flies!!

We should market this pack to Orvis.

I havnt used my last fly swap patterns, enjoy keeping them at the bench and using them as templates.
that's agreat idea, John! we could call it "The Barn Deadly Dozen"!!

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Well done guys. Hope you all get to use them often.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bounty htr said:
One Question. Why did Bob's fly get the middle? :D
Because the other flies didn't like it's oversized fiddler crab arm, and were ganging up on i!!!:p :D :D :D

(seriously, there's no reasoning behind the photo, we just set them up in a formation we thought would look good...)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Flyguy784 said:
Thanks John hopefully you put it to good use.
Sorry I am a little late on some of these posts I have been out of town for the past week.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just FYI, they all went out in the mail today!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Damn, They all look great guys! Very nice work. I look forward to trowing all of them.

Sorry my oversized claw took the middle spot.

I thought maybe I was in the middle because you wise a$$es were ganging up on me with the claw cracks;)

By the way. All stocked back up with GENII again. No Blems this time. Every reel is 100% percent perfect. I mean perfect!

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
483 Posts
They all look wonderful! Last year I was in the swap. I still have some of those streamers. I think we had a few more tiers last year.

Maybe next time. I bought a Peak Rotary Vise and some good tying stuff......... finally!

I also purchased a couple wonderful fly outfits.

Last year was terrible, I hope this year will be a great one....... on the fly of course!

Fish on anyway,
the last Working Class Hero

·
Registered
135 Posts
Recieved my pack today...

Got mine in the mail today. I have been involved in several swaps over the years, including hosting a few. I can honestly say this pack of flies is the overall best I have ever recieved in a fly swap.

If you could see the amount of time and money I have invested in fly tying you will understand my next statement.

I told myself long ago (after investing said money in fly tying) that I will not fish with a fly I have not tied myself. This is not a cocky thing. I do this so I am forced to push the envelope of my skills in fly tying. If I see a pattern I like I will beg, borrow, or buy one and only one. Then I will use that one as a model as I go thru the process of learning to tie that fly. If going on a trip I will call the guide or reasearch the area and find out what they are using, then I wil tie my own well in advance and take them with me.

The main reason I do the swaps is to see different tying styles, different color combos form different areas, and different flies that I have not used before. All of the good swap flies that I get I save and use for models for the future.

Usually in a swap I will get 1 or 2 flies that strike me as impressive or strike me as flies that I feel I may fish in the future.

This is my first Bass Barn swap and I can honestly say I am impressed with ALL of the flies in the pack. Not just the flies, but the manner and the attention to detail in which they were tied. All of the heads are neat and clean, no matl in the hook eyes. Matl. is distrubeted evenly, color seperation is great, good profiles, propre size fly on the propre size hook, Just great work by everyone.

Thank you for letting me be involved in this swap. I look foreward to the next one.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you to all involved in this swap.
This is my first ever swap and being new to tying flies its pretty hard for me to express how i feel through a keyboard .
I am honored to everyone for letting me be part of such a wonderfull and talented bunch of people.
I don't know about everyone else but i recevied mine today and boy o boy i think i am going to just look at and enjoy them for a long time.

Thanks Again
Ed (Oldsalts)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts