BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back from the Inernational Fly tying Symposium at Somerset, N.J. were SJCFA club was invited to teach any and all kids how to tie flies. Saturday had Brad, Frank, Jerry, Jay C. Dave G, and myself on hand, to instruct and represent the club. The whole experience was great for both,intructors and students. The kids enjoyed it so much several came back to do a second fly.

Sunday, Brad and Jay C. were on hand for a second day along with Dave D. If anyone else was on hand today your efforts were appreciated today too.

Inbetween instructing, everyone got to see the exhibitors at the show, buy some tying stuff and meet alot of super friendly people. If you were at our last SJCFA meeting you got a chance to meet just a few of these international fly tyers That Chuck Furimsky brought to our club meeting.
(Check post on last meeting.)

All I can say is YOU SHOULD OF BEEN THERE. If not for the club, just for the pure enjoyment of the total show. As exhibitors at the show, we were asked if we wanted to participate in the after show banquet, which in itself was a treat.
Brad, Jay and his wife, Dave G, and myself stayed for a great meal, hosted by Chuck, where we got to socialize with all the great tyers and were treated to a trout fishing video, shot up where Chuck lives, staring many of the professinal fly tyers that Chuck invited up for a fun weekend. It showed great trout fishing with a generous amout of staged comic moments. Also Theo Bakelaar, from the Netherlands did two comic presentations(the one he did for us at our meeting and another.) You had to be there.

There was also a great number of door prizes that many of the exhibitors donated. As a added surprize for SJCFA club, Chuck raffled off at the dinner a Personal Guided fly fishing trip in Conn. donated by (I will get the name and post)where all the proceeds he then donated to SJCFA for tying supplies to our club for our working, and contiuned work, teaching kids about fly fishing. I was glad to be on hand, as a representative of SJCFA, to thank Chuck for his support and genoruous gift to our club and to thank all off those at the show for there support and for buying raffle tickets.

We are so lucky, not only to have Chuck Furimsky as a club member, but as such a promoter of our Club and the flyfishing industry overall. On behalf of Frank, the members of the board of directors and our entire membership, a big thank you goes out to Chuck.

[ 11-22-2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: CapeMayRay ]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Chuck Furimsky does WAY more for our club than most members realize. He is definately an asset to the SJCFA. Though our table was covered both days (thanks Ray, Brad, Jerry, Frank, Jay, and Dave D!), we could have used plenty more help with the space we had been allotted. Chuck gave us room for three tables for our club, which was more than any other non-commercial exhibitor there (I think?). Our participation is key at Chuck's shows; we won't get more publicity anywhere than at these shows.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Nice job guys. Ron

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well said Dave Like Our Meetings the same interested members always show!!!!!!! Jay

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Wish I was there guys...I got sick Friday Night...Gram isnt doing good...its been a bad week....dosnt seem to be getting much better. I need to go fishing before I explode!

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the information, on the Guide that donated the guided trip that Chuck raffled off and donated the proceeds to our club.

The guides name is Maria Blair

She runs Maria Blair's Fly Fishing Guide Service and Instruction. South Hadley, Ma. 01075

the web site is marlablair.com

If wanting to fish up in that area, check out her site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts