BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Cape May at 5:00 AM yesterday and drove up to the Somerst Fly Tying Symposium with Peter and Chuck from SJCFA. It was a pleasant drive, other than a stone coming off a dump truck and putting a hole in my windshield.

Jerry, Brad, Chuck, Peter and myself represented the club at the SJCFA booth where we showed young anglers how to tie flies. Brad and Jerry were the real work horses and all the kids worked hard to make the best flies they could. All off which they got to take home and fish.

I appreciate those that gave there time yesterday and today to do their part for the club and to help promote fly fishing to the next generation of fly anglers.

Thanks to Dave and Brad and any others that worked today to hold down the fort. We are lucky to have such good representatives of our club.

Everyone who worked the booth found the show to be great. Everyone got a chance to see the show and talk and meet many of the worlds best fly tiers.

Peter even got a special English trout fly that Theo made for him personally.

We will be doing a similar event at the Fly Show, at the same location in January, so I hope will will have more of our members there to support the club.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ray,
I would like to thank The Club and Chuck for letting me help promote the club and promote the sport. If we want the sport to continue growing, we must get younger people involved.
This alos holds true for all the outdoor sports. We have to get more kids outside and teach them that their is more to life than Gameboy.

I hope that we can get more people out for the January Show. If you have never worked a show, you dont know what you are missing. Please help the club at the next show.

Brad

Jay - thanks for comming up on on Sunday to help out.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Awesome Guys! I wanted to go but I had a workshop for school. Glad you guys were there to represent the club!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad, Thanks for being our Ironman at the show. I know you, Dave and Jay did another outstanding job. I got to see most of tiers at the show and think you crease flies and others are much better looking than than many high profile tiers and from personal use I know they catch. We took care of not only all the kids, but there were a lot of adults that were interested in learning more too. You and everyone did an outstanding job and there were a number of people interested in the club. It was well worth the effort. My thanks to all that participated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I enjoyed myself at the show. It was good to see club members face to face again. I'm looking forward to working the January show. Already have a note written not to bring more than 25% of my tying materials. Did get a chance to walk around a bit, drop a few bucks on materials, talk to some friends from other internet sites and lists who were tying at the show or attending the show. The kids are always fun to work with. Have to start saving my change so I'll have a few bucks to spend at the next show.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry, thanks again. Good to here you are all set for the January Show. You did a great job as always and hope you can shake free for a couple of our monthly meetings next year.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Looks like you guys had alot of fun! Grat job to all.
I have been working like a dog at Toyota and deceided that it was long since time to hang it up. I will be returning to Pep Boys next week. I very much look forward to life returning to a near normal state when I can fish and socialize again!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frank, good to hear from you I know you have been putting in the long hours and then with your kids and their sports activities. Tough to find a few hours for fishing. Hope the move makes you life more normal and your quaility of life improves.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Ray,
Thanks...I am sure that it will. Albeit. perhaps not in time to save this season...
We were in lake Placid for a CanAm tournament last week with my son's hockey team..They took home silver.
Between Christmas and New Years, we will be in Ottawa...man can those Canada teams play!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Glad to see you guys still chuggin' along! I miss going to those shows and promoting the club. Hoping to do so in the future. I feel for ya Frank. For a guy being out of work, I'm awfully busy myself. I've been going to school to be a Computer Tech. Passed my first A+ exam and will be taking the second one on Thursday. Then I'll be taking the MCDST exams in January. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it will all be worth it in the end. I've been studying and testing so much I only got to fish twice during the fall! :eek: I do get to practice my fly casting every once in a while though, just to relieve some of the stress. I also have something else that has been keeping me busy. My wife and I are expecting our first child in February! I've been helping with the planning of the nursery etc. and getting ready to take MORE classes.
I keep an eye on this forum every once in a while to keep up with all the SJCFA happenings. I hope all of you are well and wish all of you a happy holiday season.
PS: Anybody looking for an A+ certified tech with an MCDST? Send me an e-mail! :D

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom, good to hear from you. Congrads on expecting your first child. Hope the classes go well for you and that job you want. Miss seeing you at the fly meetings and hope you can find time to pop in and see us. As a charter member of the club, I hope you can find some time for fly fishing when you get everything running smooth. Keep in touch with us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts