BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get into tying teasers and large tail hooks for my plugs was wondering if any one knows of a good starting vise. Not looking for any thing that cost that much maybe up to 50 dollars. Ive found plenty of vises in that range but the problem i am having is finding any with jaws large enough to hold large hooks up to say 5/0 or 6/0. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I have been on the same search. The cheap models suck and will not hold a large hook. I am probably gonna drop $450 on the Regal Rotary.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
barlows tackle sells a model i use for about $40.00
lever action rotary vise holds up to0 6/0 hook i've tied thousands of teasers and hooks on this for 5 years now. still working great.
You don't need top of the line unless you like top of the line
Also a good vise i have and use is a danvise sold at a good price from ebay sellers..around $70.00 gives you a bit more and is real nice
I use about 6 differant vises for my tackle co and noe are more than $150.00
I do this for a living--if it was necessary to get a $450.00 vise believe me i'd have one!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
barlows tackle sells a model i use for about $40.00
lever action rotary vise holds up to0 6/0 hook i've tied thousands of teasers and hooks on this for 5 years now. still working great.
You don't need top of the line unless you like top of the line
Also a good vise i have and use is a danvise sold at a good price from ebay sellers..around $70.00 gives you a bit more and is real nice
I use about 6 differant vises for my tackle co and noe are more than $150.00
I do this for a living--if it was necessary to get a $450.00 vise believe me i'd have one!
I looked at Barlow's. The Griffin Patriot looks like an awesome vise for the money. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Check ebay some nice ones for fair priceing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.