BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As President of the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers, SJCFA, I would like to invite those that thought they might like to saltwater fly fish and were afraid to let their buddies know that they had such thoughts and to all those that might have a fly rod tucked in a closet somewhere, not knowing what how to use it.

Just thought I would have a little fun, but seriously, anyone interested in learning about saltwater flyfishing, you are welcome to attend as a guest to one of our meetings.

Fly fishing is just another method of catching fish and at times can be just as effective as bait and lures used on spin and conventional rods and reels. If you are curious and want to see what it is all about, you will find we are a friendly group willing to help you learn what it takes to be sucessful.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
;) Ray, Not that I'm admitting anything here! But when and where does the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers meet?

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CYCLOPS30, We meet at the Bay Center in Ocean City New Jesey, The third Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. There is more information on the Fly Fishing Forum on the barn.

Our web-site Southjerseycoastalflyanglers.com which is in the process of reconstruction has a map to our meeting loaction. Our next meeting is this Thursday the 17th.

We won't tell anyone, that you came to a meeting unless you want to be outed.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
As Chumstain once put it so eloquently...."why cast six times when I can cast just once?" :rolleyes: :D I keed, I keed! :eek: Do you have a bunka chunk pattern?
:D BTW my brother is a fly guy and he loves it. I'll never forget the fly fishing trip he took me on. Five hour drive to Roscoe, NY and I got a 3" trout and that was it. He and his fly boys killed them. Then I dug some worms and tipped that fly with a piece of worm and a wood(piece of branch) strike indicator... it worked wonders. :D I've been a bait boy ever since! ;)
Another good one is when I hit the Keys every year in February and see all the guides push poling those poor fly boys on the Islamorada flats with wind at 10-15 mph. Hell, I have a tough time time casting a live shrimp with a spinning set up. I honestly do feel bad for those guys though. Knowing how much they spent, how forward they were looking to their trip(vacation) and then to have it blow just enough to screw everything up. And then I think, I'll betcha they would'nt dare put that fly rod down and toss a shrimp with a spinner because???? :confused:

[ 03-14-2005, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FINADDICT, I hear ya. There is a time and place for everything. I like to catch fish and go with the flow. When possible, I enjoy the flyrod, but use bait and lures too.

The extra casts keep you in shape, and we can't all be fly fisherman. It would just get too nasty on a jetty, or boat. Please let's not have everyone swing over to a flyrod. All that slapping of lines in the water would spook all the fish and the water would be whipped to foam.

We are like the Marines, we only need a few good men.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.