BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some lures in stainless steel. I had some sucess with the aluminum but I needed a trolling weight to get it down off the boat. (It's mainly a surf lure)

So I made these. I think they weigh about 3-4 ounces but I will get an official weight within the next few days.
I can't make it down to test them myself (damn working man) but will give one to whoever will fish them and report back to me. They are hand polished and really shine but the pics are pretty crappy and don't really show it. I just have to put holes in them for split rings, and they will be done in one to two days. Respond on this thread and I'll send you one free but I want you to fish it, if you can't fish it in the rips don't bother. I may have to make them smaller but I think these should be nice. I can put any color bucktail on them you wish. I have chartuese and gold eyes also. Sorry for the crappy pics.

5 available

Cheers

Thanks

[ 11-16-2005, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: henrybasstardo ]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Henry: I would like to try them also. Send an extra one to Skip for me as I'll be fishing with him a good number of times in December. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new to the board and would love to try one of these guys...I still have the boat in for atleast a month and will be in the rips several times a week. If you have any left that you could throw a bucktail on I definately would let it catch some fish. Email me and I will send you the info if you have any left...Thanks again

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
I'm going jiggin for stripers on the Ursula day after thanksgiving and I would trey them out for you as well-usaually a heavey metal trip anyway.

Will also be in the rips that weekend

Let me know

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Henry,
i would also give um a go for you in the rips,and also out front jiggin !
If you have one with the white eyes and white Bucktail,I would like to try that one !
If you want to send a chartruse eyes and white bucktail,I'll try that as well !!
Email me and ill send you my adress ....

On a side note ...In a bigger size they look as they would work deep jiggin tuna as well,So if your thinking of making any larger sized/weighted,let me know and i'll give um a go on the Tuners as well ,Thanks,Vinny

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll get them out ASAP. I just tried to weigh them and they pegged a 150 gram scale so they are over 4.5 and closer to 5 ounces. The aluminum swim a lot lighter than the 1.7 ounces so these may still work. That is what I'm trying to find out. I will be making some out of 1/2" stock and they should be the right deal for the rips around 2-3 ounces. These may be good for deep jigging. I'll include an aluminum lure so you can test them also if you like.

I'll get them out by the end of the week. Thanks guys. Wish I could be out there with you.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll be fishing with Adam Bomb as well this month if there are any more left. Whatever color tail is fine by me "beggers can't be choosey"
thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
if there are any left i will be fishing the rips until mid december and i would like to give them a go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts