BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you barn sponsors have the test wheel that will fit a 1990 155 commercial engine? It has the V8 lower unit with a hard angled skeg and from what I gather not many shops have that wheel. I would like to get the carburetor-cam and timing synchronized. If any of you have the wheel I'd like to set up an appointment to get this issue resolved.
Dennis

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
menace said:
Do any of you barn sponsors have the test wheel that will fit a 1990 155 commercial engine? It has the V8 lower unit with a hard angled skeg and from what I gather not many shops have that wheel. I would like to get the carburetor-cam and timing synchronized. If any of you have the wheel I'd like to set up an appointment to get this issue resolved.
Dennis

You don't need to test run the engine to set up the sync and link. You do need an OMC manual for that engine to do it. Yes, you do need to run the engine at 4500-5000rpms to set the ignition timing, but if that was never changed it can't change itself..

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunk said:
You don't need to test run the engine to set up the sync and link. You do need an OMC manual for that engine to do it. Yes, you do need to run the engine at 4500-5000rpms to set the ignition timing, but if that was never changed it can't change itself..
Dunk, the Seloc manual says the idle timing is 4-6 ATC at 700 rpm's under load.
I don't know if you recall I had a problem a year ago with the WOT topping out @ 4500 . I changed props and raised the engine with no increase on rpm's. I don't know if anyone messed with the timing before i got the motor so I want to put this engine in a tank with a test wheel and set top and bottom timing . Also the carb cam is not adjusted properly to open at the right time and I'm not sure about setting this b/c the Seloc manual isn't specific .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts