BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some things never change...looking at all the different weather apps/websites and they all have different predictions for this weekend. If I went fishing according to the weather predictions in the spring and fall, I'd be fishing a fraction of the time! Just have to get in the boat and go and if the weather gets too much then switch the game plan and fish for something else! Most of the time though the weather is just fine. There's usually always some way to tuck out of the winds, and if you really can't, well then it wasn't meant to be. Seriously though, boats are meant to be fished, not collect seagull crap at the docks! Time to throw off the dock lines!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't really pay to much attention to the predicted weather. I look at the wind speed and direction with experience you can kind of figure when a good window will be. Nothing is ever set in stone thou. I have definitely been wrong on more then one occasion :eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is an easy way to tell if it will be safe. If 3 out of 4 reports show poor weather conditions load up and go, they are wrong more than right! The tide charts seem to be accurate at least...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha, true. It does seem that they're wrong more times than they are right especially in the early spring and late fall. Weather just changes so quickly, sometimes it's tough to predict in all fairness. If you're 80miles offshore that's one thing, but if you're in the bay...well that's another. I know we've all seen the bay get pretty nasty with tight seas, and never throw caution to the wind and disrespect the ocean and mother nature cause she'll eat you alive, but if things start to get bad or you know storms are on the way you can always head in...and you're not 80miles offshore! with all this being said I still always have a liferaft and epirb on board, you never know what the water will bring.

·
Registered
20,358 Posts
some things never change...looking at all the different weather apps/websites and they all have different predictions for this weekend. If I went fishing according to the weather predictions in the spring and fall, I'd be fishing a fraction of the time! Just have to get in the boat and go and if the weather gets too much then switch the game plan and fish for something else! Most of the time though the weather is just fine. There's usually always some way to tuck out of the winds, and if you really can't, well then it wasn't meant to be. Seriously though, boats are meant to be fished, not collect seagull crap at the docks! Time to throw off the dock lines!
I do it! That's exactly what I do!! LOL!! That's why I'm sitting in front of this computer instead of sitting in the upper bay looking for Stripers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts