BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took a quick bike ride to the beach to see what was what, and i saw three clammers working off of ventnor. no birds behind them, but it looked like they had their rakes on the bottom. no other boats were out there, but the surf was nice and calm with this wind.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Hey, Joe probably alittle better there. Down here the wind is blowing down the beach. We are tucked in alitte. Went to the beach this morining to talk to a surfcaster and got sand blasted. Guy didn't catch anything.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I just saw them and they have spools on the back.( I got good binocs) I think they are netters, There also has been a gill netter working right outside the break for the last couple of days . :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thank goodness you have good binocs, cause I would have been out there, first thing tomarrow. Hey Mike ! Peggy-K is back!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Hope I'm wrong but that slide thingie on the stern where the clam cages come up had a spool over it instead. There weren't any birds going nuts around them and they weren't moving. They were standing still like they were reeling something in.

Party didn't last long...did it? We'll know fer sure today cause the fleet will be on em.

I'll check on way to work, will report back by 8am

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
No trawlers today. Not much bird activity and a few guys out there trolling. wind out of south and water sloppy. where's this west wind?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, barn I was wondering if you could give me some info on tag bass cought last night 37 inches called 1-800 number,but no answer one buddy says that you get a free hat what's the deal oh yeah from jetty about 7 oclock Iknow aera you guy do'nt when people post here are# numbers ph-408987 .Thanks barn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts