BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some luck this time last year fishing the beach around Fortescue and plan on heading down there this Friday with some clams to try my luck this year. Anyone have any intel they can share? Looks like high is around 1030 am so the plan will be to fish the last of the high and 2 hours of the out or until the beer or bait runs out. Hopefully the weed is not a problem as last time there I was therein 2013 it made it almost unfishable. Weather looks decent.

Thanks!

TF

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I had the wrong tide chart (2013????) as Higbee's just told me that the high is around 6am and 6pm with noon being low - well that certainly screws up my plan! Now what? Dude at marina said low tide bite and 95% on blood. I guess I am cancelling my clam order and working a 1/2 day. Best laid plans gone to waste!

TF

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fished the beach area on Friday and came up empty - one bite all day long. fished from 10am to 6pm with bloods - had the end of low and all of the in and stayed until dead high tide and could not take the nats anymore. I never encountered nats like I did Friday - they absolutely covered my car and me. Had to go with gloves, long sleeves, long pants and a hoodie and I still could not stand it. thank god the wind came up a little in the afternoon or I would have pulled the plug earlier. Nice spot to fish as the beach is nice with easy access. I did see a few nice ones landed but I went all day with one little bite and I changed up bloods frequently and each time I came it the entire worm was still intact.

Boy the area around Higbee's is devastated - most of the homes along the bay front are abandoned or are destroyed - really looks like a ghost town - what a shame.

Bring on the flat ones!

TF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts