BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in the boat this afternoon, checking different spots for depth and holes for the upcomming flounder season. I decided to run down Hereford inlet to the rock pile. I went slow, next to the sea wall, and marked various holes and deep spots. When I got to the corner, near the church, I was stunned. Right next to the rocks, my depth finder marked a hole of 108ft!! . I couldnt believe it, so I went back over the spot again. Again, my depth finder read 108ft. After shaking my head, I decided to talk to one of the workers on the sea wall project. Two of the engineers were out in there work boat. I talked to them for a few minutes, and they said there in a HUGE sink hole there. They piled rocks on the spot, but it sank even more.

It had always been deep there. Up to 75ft before, but never this deep. Crazy stuff. I sure hope there some fish in it ;) :D

·
Banned
964 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Phil:
It had always been deep there. Up to 75ft before, but never this deep. Crazy stuff. I sure hope there some fish in it ;) :D
Probably not too many in there after they dropped all those rocks on their poor little fish heads! :D

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
yeah i love the back water friend took me around found alot of 40-55ft but never 108ft thats going to hold some good fish there... make sure you try it may6th

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Here's a spot in the backwaters, nowhere near Herefords, that is that depth too.

Sorry, could only get a pic of 91ft. It goes down to 108ft, though. Some people on here already know where this is. I believe Godzilla and/or Mothra live down there....

Location, about 150ft off the sodbank.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
There is another between the 50 cent bridge & Sunset lake 50 to 60 feet deep but it is a fresh water upwell never caught a fish in the hole or saw one on the sounder.I guess because it's fresh water. The dep had some kind of test equipt. there for about a year now just a marker is there.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I know these holes and have fished them on slow days when I am looking for fish. I agree with Biggest, these deep holes typically do not have any numbers of fish in them.

With that said, I have occasionally caught a single fish in a hole but not more than one. Go figure...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts